Discovery....

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Postby Phardaxia » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:32 pm

Phardaxia felt a large rush and a bit faint as he handed the book to the elf. He staggered a bit but was quickly supported by Raijel. Phardaxia looked down to the young minstrel and smiled.

“Thank ye lass.” He looked at the elf perusing the book. What felt like an hour passed until the elf even opened the book.

Phardaxia saw an inquisitive look pass across the elf’s face.

“Well?” Phardaxia said a little louder then he wanted to, “ do ye know what the blasted thing is and why we shouldn’t sink it into the depths?”
"Golden teeth and golden tones. Welcome to my presence!"- Dr. Teeth
Daxxus, Not too Bright Wizard of the Empire, Pheonix Throne, WAR
Maintime, gimped Assassin, Cim. AoC
Captain Antonio Pantalones, Privateer, PotBS
Celah, Necromancer of Antonia Bayle, EQII
Phardaxia, Wizard of Nimue with his keen hat Talbot
Maintime, mince meat of CoD2 and CoD4
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:26 am

Ayslyn chuckled softly, a warm rich sound holding not a hint of mockery. "I'm sorry lad. When you are as old as I, you tend to take your time with a great many things." He grinned at the wizard and returned his gaze to the book. "Answer me a question lad and I shall answer yours. Was your father always in the habit of using ancient texts as journals, or did he see this book as blank?"
Ayslyn Greenwillow
Tweaking the nose of Evil for over 1000 years
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:07 am

Phardaxia paused and thought to himself. "I am not sure the circumstances of how he obtained the book." Phardaxia paused again.

"I can only think that he thought it was a blank journal, like all of us had seen it before.... before we saw it." Phardaxia frowned.

"Where would my father get an ancient Hibernian text" Phardaxia said to almost himself peering at the book.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:25 pm

Ayslyn raised an eyebrow. "Indeed. An excellent question that. But I promised you an answer. I," he paused for a moment, considering, "suspect that this is not a religous text per se, but a grimoure. I do not believe that this was ever meant to fall into the hands of a human. If I am not mistaken, this is an Unseelie text. Only those who had a touch of magic to them would be able to read it. Like many objects of power, it is," he paused again, "aware, after a manner. It seeks to protect itself by worming its way into your soul so that you would not wish to part with it. As to your second question. If I am correct, and this is what I believe it to be. It is too dangerous to be left lying about, even sunk to the depths of the sea. The wrong sort of person is already clearly too interested in this tome, as the attacks on you and yours have proven."

He snapped the book shut and held it out to Phardaxia. "Here you are lad. I promised that I would return it. Now what do you wish to do with it."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:45 am

Phardaxia sighed as he regained possesion of the book.

"So..." he began more frustrated then before, " what do I do with the blasted thing now?"

Phardaxia trudged over to a chair and sat down gazing into the fire.

"It seems like I can do nothing with this thing..." Phardaxia said in a defeated tone.

Phardaxia's face went from sadness to anger and he stood. "Damn book! Why did it have to fall to me?" He shouted. Phardaxia gave the most horrible look the book as if it were his mortal enemy.

" I am done with YOU!" Phardaxia shouted as he heaved the tome into the fire.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:40 am

Ayslyn raised an eyebrow but didn't move. It would be much simpler if the book fed the fires to be sure, but he knew from experience that things were rarely that easy. These sorts of things had ways of protecting themselves.

"Aye lad, it's frustrating, I know. But, that is no reason to give up. Someone has threatened you and yours with harm, and I personaly suggest finding them and teaching them why that is a mistake."

He looked around the room at the figures standing in support of the young wizard.

"You've many friends here, good and true. And I've no doubt that any one of them would be willing to help you in this."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sarekonna » Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:01 pm

Sarekonna watched the book as it was heaved into the fire. The flames licked angrily at it’s edges but never seemed to touch it.

She turned her head and listened as the elf confirmed what she suspected. The book would not burn. She noticed a young lad break away from his chores and approach the fire. She recognized the vacant stare of someone not in control of themselves. Discretely she moved her hands and silently worded a spell and the boy froze in his tracks.

She went to the fire and using the poker she dragged it out of the fire drawing Phardaxia’s attention.

“M’Lady! Why?” he asked, he was alarmed yet relieved at the same time. His father’s entire life was in that book, yet…”

“He’s right Dax, this is not the way to rid yourself of it.” Her eyes traveled to the lad as she released him and he returned to work a clear expression of confusion plastered across his face. Phardaxia’s eyes widened as he realized what the boy’s intent had been.

Sarekonna brushed ash and soot of the book carefully as she carried it to a table. She laid it down and opened it to the first pages reading his father’s journal quickly, knowing there was danger involved in even having the book open.

Ayslyn moved towards her as did a few others. She felt a steadying hand on her shoulder and she welcomed it as horrible memories flooded her mind at once attempting to distract her from her intent. She focused her mind even as tears fell down her face freely. Someone called her name but she only needed to push a little further. Finally, she had the information she needed, a small noise escaped her as she found she no longer had the strength to break away freely.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:54 pm

Ayslyn reached out with a single slim finger and tapped her gently on the nose. The simple and slightly silly gesture snapped her back to herself. "There now lass, lets not get carried away." She looked to him as he smiled, and for an instant saw a redheaded woman of unearthly beauty standing behind him, smiling benevolently at him. He slowly closed the book and turned his attention back to Sarekonna. "Tell us what you saw lass."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:38 am

Phardaxia, drained, flopped on a chair near the fire. His head swimming with questions and problems too large for the wizard to comprehend.

"I guess I must take it to Camelot and see if someone there can figure out what to do" he mumbled to himself.

Raijel, as she sat in the corner watching everything, heard the wizard's mumble. She crept over to him.

"M'lord... I be haf'n a song tha be gettin us ta Camelot awful quick. Wit a word we can be outa dis place and on our way." Raijel smiled.

Phardaxia stared in deep thought for a moment then looked at Raijel and smiled. "Aye lass. Let us be off."

Phardaxia sprung from the chair. " I have wasted too much time already, I will take this book to the sages of Camelot, they will know what to do." Phardaxia reached out his hand for the book.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:56 am

(thought I would rehash this again :) )

“I be know'n a place” a voice cried out. All in the hall turned to look. A small cloaked figure stood there. Puffs of smoke rising from the hood.

“a place where ye can take the book where it be never be found.”

Phardaxia looked crossed eyed at the figure. “and may I ask who you are?”

The figure pulled down the hood of his cloak to reveal the face of a dwarf.

“Spy!” a cry was heard as many from the league rushed the dwarf. The dwarf began to laugh full belly. “Strike me down if’n ye must!” he said with a chuckle.

One of the younger scouts in all the excitement let loose an arrow. The arrow passed through the dwarf and stuck firmly into the wall behind him.

“STAY YOUR ARMS!” Crispian yelled as he gave a nasty look to the young scout.

“You arms cannae hurt me” the dwarf smiled as he puffed again on his pipe “now… as I be say’n… I can give tha book a good home. A home where t’will never trouble ya… or yer world ever again.”

Crispian, protective of Phardaxia eyed the dwarf. “Where is this ‘home’?”

The dwarf paused for a moment, looked down at his pipe and tapped it. “It be called Freeport laddy…”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:11 am

<bump especially for those who don't know>
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:06 pm

Pharadaxia paused for a moment…

“I have heard of this place…. It is far far from here…” he said with a pondering nod. “I have heard that many whom have traveled there never return.” Crispian added.

The dwarf peered around the room to the group watching him closely. “All ye need ta do is give it ta me and it be outta yer hands forever…” The dwarf reached out his hand.

Phardaxia took a deep breath, looked at all of his friends and knew they could no longer help him. They had done the very best they could, been the greatest friends, comrades, and even comic relief a wizard could ever have.

“No…” Phardaxia stated firmly. “I will take it there myself.” The wizard made his way over to the barrel of ale and drew a large mug. He gulped it down, savoring the taste of the last drop on his tongue. He drew another full mug and placed it on the guild hall table. Phardaxia looked over to Crispian, “I’ll drink THIS one when I get back.” Then quickly, looking over to Tiplon, in a laughing scolding voice “Now Tip, there is a whole barrel for you… save this one for me.” The Wizard winked.

Sarekonna’s eyes welled with tears as Phardaxia slipped on a coat over his robe, straightened Talbot out as much as he could despite his hat’s protesting, and walked through the door.

The wizard was sure he would see some of them again, just no idea when. He walked from the guild hall to the stables where he found his horse. Quietly he stowed the book away in his saddle bag and prepared to mount the horse. A faint tapping began to happen on Phardaxia’s lower calf and the wizard quickly spun around fearing an attack. He saw nothing but the soft blue glow of twilight. He paused to listen and heard the sound of something like two rocks being rubbed together. He looked down and saw a tiny earth elemental trying to attack him so vehemently. Phardaxia chuckled, “Amarus, old friend. Here to see me off?”.

Amarus stepped out of the shadows and dismissed his pet with a laugh. “I am here to do more then that.. I suddenly realized that Camelot doesn’t seem to have the same appeal without you around to make fun of… and I figured that since my bags were already packed and someone would need to protect you…well….” Phardaxia smiled. Even though he knew this was a journey he should take alone, he was happy for the company. He nodded to Amarus and watched him mount his horse. Phardaxia climbed up on his steed and peered at the Theurgist “Race you to Avalon!” he shouted with a kick to his horse. Amarus saw Phardaxia speed off in front of him. “I have always been a faster rider then you, Daxx” Amarus said spurring his horse. Amarus’ horse stood there as if it were frozen to the ground. He looked down at the hooves and saw blocks of ice rooting the horse to the ground. He chuckled “Damn ice wizards…”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Previous

Return to The Lord's Arse