Discovery....

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Discovery....

Postby Phardaxia » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:36 am

Phardaxia burst through the guild house door. He was drenched for there was a wicked storm outside. In his arms he clenched a package most tightly, bundled to protect it from the rain.

He looked around the room at the faces resting there by the fire. Cerrick, Sarekonna, Crispian, and Maldroth all startled by his sudden entrance into the hall perked up at him.

“Phar?” Cerrick quietly questioned, “ Are you ok?”

Phardaxia didn’t seem to hear Cerrick’s voice, but started to mumble. Then he froze as if he was incased in ice for a moment, then quickly darted upstairs. This quick motion caused Talbot to fall off his head and onto the floor.

Cerrick looked to Sarekonna, “What is wrong with him?”
Sarekonna looked down at Talbot and picked him up, “it must be something most troubling.”

Phardaxia rushed up to his room. He closed and barred the door behind him and laid the package carefully down on his table.

“This is it” he stammered, “ this may have all the answers I need.”

Phardaxia frantically started unwrapping the package. Piece by piece meticulously making sure no moisture or harm came to the prize inside.

He unraveled the package and there laid a very old and very worn book. Phardaxia stared at the book for a moment as if deciding if he wanted to open Pandora’s box. He took a deep breath and opened the front page.

He began to read aloud, “ I have found this young child in the woods and will now begin my quest to find the origins of this boy and why he was cast into certain death in the deep wood.”

Phardaxia looked up and stared into the distance. He quietly whispered, “Father…”

Suddenly, there was a loud banging on the door. “Phardaxia!! Hey..it’s Cerrick and Sarekonna…and Talbot!! Let us in!!”
"Golden teeth and golden tones. Welcome to my presence!"- Dr. Teeth
Daxxus, Not too Bright Wizard of the Empire, Pheonix Throne, WAR
Maintime, gimped Assassin, Cim. AoC
Captain Antonio Pantalones, Privateer, PotBS
Celah, Necromancer of Antonia Bayle, EQII
Phardaxia, Wizard of Nimue with his keen hat Talbot
Maintime, mince meat of CoD2 and CoD4
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:56 am

“No!!” Phardaxia shouted, “GO AWAY!!”
Phardaxia continued to read as the bangs on the door grew louder.

“Phar.. I am only going to ask you one more time….OPEN THIS DOOR!!”
As Cerrick finished his statement the door blew open in a ball of fire. Sarekonna quickly started to stamp out the smoldering pieces of the door.

Phardaxia gave a look to Cerrick as if he wanted to kill him, “What do you want?”
Cerrick, surprised by the look stammered, “em…I….I…well…we…um….”

Phardaxia rose from his seat and marched over to Cerrick and grabbed him by his shoulder, “Now if you both will leave, I can finish…”

Sarekonna placed her hand on to Phardaxia’s arm and smiled at him. “What troubles you Phardaxia?”

Phardaxia looks down at Sarekonna’s hand and then up to her face and smiled. Then he looked over to Cerrick, whom he had grasped and quickly let go realizing what he was doing.

“My apologies m’lord….and m’lady. I do not feel… quite myself today.” Phardaxia said moving back towards the table.

“Aye… which is why we came up here to check on you.” Cerrick said adjusting his clothes.

Phardaxia looked down at the book and his eyes started tearing. “Friends… all my life I have been searching for who I am. Until this very moment, the search seemed like it would never end. But now… now that I have found this… my search may be over..”

“What is it?” Cerrick asked walking over to Phardaxia.

“It is my father’s Diary… well…Kalimar’s diary. He was not my real father.” Phardaxia said looking at the pages.

“Well..what does it say?” Cerrick said sitting in the chair next to the table.

Phardaxia paused a moment and began reading.

“ …I have heard of an order of witchs to the north that have a reputation of disposing unwanteds this way. Ironically, they are called the Order of Life…

…I have found a member of this order and they have granted me audience. They know of me and are very inquisitive why I am here to speak with them. I have audience with their Holy Mother tomorrow…hopefully I will get some answers…

…Horrible day. The holy mother, although cordial at first, became too inquisitive. The meeting became a game of wits back and forth…I have found that his mother is a member of the order…someone of some significance, but I could not get a name. They wanted his name in exchange for his name. I refused. I don’t trust them though…

…a woman stopped by my room this eve. She handed me a note and left. I don’t know whom she is but her note stated this… Kaleedra, Camelot will have your answers…

…my room has been ransacked. The note from the woman has been taken and another note left in its place. ‘LEAVE NOW OR DIE.’ Silly idle threats, I am off to Camelot anyway…

… I have searched Camelot and think I have found the answers..”

Then a loud scream came from downstairs. Cerrick and Sarekonna jumped up.

“What was that?” Sarekonna questioned. Cerrick and Sarekonna rushed out the door, downstairs to see what the matter was. Phardaxia grabbed his book and clutched it to his chest.

Sarekonna and Cerrick running down the stairs called out, “What is happening?”

“Something crashed through the door…” yelled Crispian, “ but we couldn’t see what it was. Cerrick drew his sword.

All of a sudden, both Cerrick and Sarekonna were pushed over the sides of the stairs by some force. They fell to the floor. Luckily, neither of them were hurt but they quickly sprang up.

“What was that?”

Then a cry from Phardaxia came from his room, “You….DIE!!!!!!!”

Cerrick, Sarekonna and Crispian flew up the stairs. They heard two loud explosions and a large crash.

They came to the room to find anything made of cloth or wood on fire and the window broken through. Cerrick shielding his face from the flames made his way to the window. Crispian starting calling for the league for help to put out the fire. Cerrick gasped as he looked out the window.

There, two stories below, lay Phardaxia.

Sarekonna came to the window next to Cerrick, saw the sight and turned away.

Cerrick quickly scanned the room and then looked out the window outside. He turned to Sarekonna, “Oh no… THE BOOK!”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Sarekonna » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:15 am

Not aware of the importance of the book, and at the moment not caring, Sarekonna turned and raced down the flight of stairs. Her main concern at the moment was the broken form of her squire on the ground.

She rushed through the doors and over to him. “Phardaxia?” she whispered. Her black robes and cloak swooshed as she knelt on the ground next to him. Her hand as it so often did lately reached for the medallion that Tashtego had crafted for her. Her other hand reached out to Phardaxia as she carefully turned him. A soft white light encircled them both as she placed her hand on him and soon her other hand slipped off the medallion and rested on him as well. Phardaxia took a shuddering breath, and Sarekonna fell back away from him.

Others who had also come out looked on in shock. Someone spoke to Sarekonna but she could not hear them. She stared dully for a few minutes unable to do anything other than focus on breathing. Someone else was helping Phardaxia to get up, and to her, that was all that was important right now that he was alright.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby Cerrick » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:32 pm

With the smell of smoke and embers still thick in the air, Cerrick rushed down the stairwell mere steps behind Lady Sarekonna. As they reached the bottom of the stairwell and burst out the main door, other members of the League were already assisting Phardaxia to his feet. Father Tobyas stood nearby, chanting the Lord’s prayer in a low voice, the Holy power flowing through him into the body of the young wizard.

“Will he be all right, Father?” Cerrick immediately inquired.

“Yes, Cerrick he vill be fine. Just had the wind knocked out of him, it appears.”

Cerrick nodded, relaxing a bit, and looked over Phardaxia briefly. Although dazed from the fall, Phardaxia did indeed appear to be reasonably intact. Phardaxia returned Cerrick’s glance, locking his eyes on the paladin’s. “Cerrick, he muttered, his voice far away but urgent, “the book, I must recover….”

“No!” interrupted Father Tobyas, placing his weathered hand around Phardaxia’s arm. “You vill do no such thing until you have properly mended.” Phardaxia resisted momentarily, but the firm grasp and formidable tone of the Cossack priest held him in place. At the direction of Tobyas, two of the league’s paladins, Koharg and Galyon, began to help Phardaxia back into the League Hall.

Cerrick himself turned to enter the Hall, when out of the corner of his eye he caught a flash of something moving in the alleyway nearby. Guided by instinct and the Lord’s will, he began to sprint towards the alley, ripping his blade from his scabbard without missing a step. In some part of his mind, he registered Lady Sarekonna calling out to him, but captured in a moment of single-minded determination, he pressed on regardless.

Entering the alley he paused, his eyes darting about, seeking the object of his attentions. Nothing. Perhaps it had been a simple trick of the morning light. He began to sheath his sword, feeling foolish for having reacted so, in disregard of his training and soldierly discipline. No sooner had he returned the blade halfway into the scabbard, however, when from just a few feet away something darted towards him. Before Cerrick could even re-draw his blade, he was hit by an incredible force square in the chest, knocking him off his feet. Hitting the hard flagstone pavement, he immediately sprang into a crouch. Ignoring the pain in his ribs, a reminder of wounds just barely healed, he brought his sword from its sheath once more. From the light of the sword’s feiry glow, he could see the thing that had struck him. Cerrick’s eyes widened in horror. It seemed nothing so much as a hole ripped in the very fabric of nature itself, a creature made of pure shadow. At first, it appeared to be of medium height and stature, but as Cerrick’s eyes adjusted to the light, he observed that the thing’s form shifted slowly, growing taller, then shrinking again, as masses of darkness emerged and retracted into its center. Faint flashes of light coursed across what passed for its skin, and it emitted an almost inaudible combination of a hiss and a growl.

Cerrick and the beast stood there for what seemed an eternity, sizing each other up. The creature broke the moment, heading with incredible speed toward the rear of the alley. But Cerrick’s reaction was only a fraction of a second behind. Leaping to his feet, he slashed a fierce blow at where he imagined the beast’s legs would be. A jar to his sword arm and an eardrum-rending shriek of pain told him that he had connected. He pulled his blade back and prepared to swing again, this time for something he hoped was more vital, when an inky protusion shot towards him. Lacking his shield, Cerrick attempted to dodge, but was struck on his left shoulder, the extraordinary force of the blow spinning him backwards towards the alley wall behind him. Cerrick threw out his hand to steady himself against the wall, and turned back towards the creature, just in time to spot another protrusion, this one as thin as a piece of string, lancing towards his neck. Pulling his sword up, Cerrick just barely managed to bring the blade between his neck and the deadly blackness, parrying the blow that clearly would have meant his life. Nevertheless, the strength behind the attack was too great for Cerrick to recover in time for a counterstrike. He staggered backwards, still on the defensive. As his mind raced to devise a strategy to defeat such an overpowering foe, he noticed something on the pavement just inches from the beast. The book! Lying there, in all of its humble glory, was Phardaxia’s father’s journal. Cerrick grinned, and parrying another blow from the beast, he fell into a crouch and rolled forward, landing squarely beside the book. He quickly snatched up the worn tome, and tucked it against his chest with his left arm, while holding his sword straight out towards the creature in an attempt to keep it at bay. The beast emitted a low hiss in obvious anger, but remained motionless, apart from the random shifting of its form.

“You want this, don’t you,” Cerrick asked rhetorically, slowing backing away from the beast, trying to buy more time to figure out how to proceed now. In response, the creature hissed louder, its form shifting even more erratically. Cerrick paused. The entrance to the alleyway was only steps behind him. He could hear voices behind him. Good, he thought, if he could lure this thing into the open, surely it would stand no chance against the combined might of the League. As he took his next step, however, the creature sprang on him. He held up his sword, prepared to deflect the incoming blow as best he could when the creature suddenly froze. Momentarily confused, Cerrick spun around. There stood Lady Sarekonna, clutching her staff for support, her face contorted in pain.

“I don’t think I can hold it for long, Cerrick. It’s mind is so alien, so dreadful” Lady Sarekonna winced, gritting her teeth as a tear slipped down her cheek. Cerrick nodded, and placing his hand around her arm, began to back towards the League Hall. “I fear it is too powerful for us to defeat alone. We need the assistance of the other League members.” Just as he finished this statement, the creature awoke, hissing vehemently and shifting form almost faster than Cerrick’s eyes could register. Releasing his grip on Lady Sarekonna, Cerrick squared his stance and prepared for the beast’s next onslaught. Instead, the creature darted towards the rear of the alleyway, emitting a single high pitched shriek that left both Cerrick and Lady Sarekonna wincing in agony. They stood there for a short while, holding their breaths, waiting to make sure that the beast had truly departed. After a few moments, they turned and made their way back to the Hall, looking at each other in relief but saying nothing.

They had retrieved Phardaxia’s journal. But with such a creature hunting it, both Cerrick and Lady Sarekonna knew that it was far from secure.
WAR
Uri, Rune Priest
Caladin, White Lion

DAOC
Aermus, Sorcerer and Ranger Pincushion
Cerrick, Paladin
Cerrick
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:30 am

Phardaxia held the book tightly in his arms. He felt a presence coming for him and he wasn’t sure what it was.

He saw Cerrick and Sarekonna leaving his room and hoped that they would be able to protect him from this evil.

Then, he saw it moving toward him at unspeakable speed. “How did it get past them?” he thought quickly to himself. Phardaxia started the only incantation he could think of at that moment, hopefully that would at least slow it down.

Phardaxia’s room set a blaze. The creature paused for a moment as if to laugh. Phardaxia cried out, “YOU!!…… DIE!!” and started another incantation.

The beast hissed and darted toward Phardaxia and went for his book.
“No… you will not get this…” Phardaxia said struggling with the creature. The creature’s strength was too much for the wizard, grabbing the book from his hands and started moving back out the door.

Phardaxia grabbed his staff and looped it around the beast pulling it back. “You will die, or we will both die..” Phardaxia yelled and then went into another incantation. The beast was viciously trying to get away and Phardaxia’s staff began to splinter. Phardaxia tried to hold on for dear life as the beast tried desperately to get away.

Then with a snap, Phardaxia’s staff split in two. The magical energy once trapped inside the staff now was expelled in a loud explosion…BOOM.

The force of this shockwave sent the beast and Phardaxia flying out the window into the air…

Darkness fell unto Phardaxia. He saw Cerrick immersed in light smiling at him… he mumbled, “Cerrick…the book I must recover….” And then darkness fell upon him again...

Phardaxia soon realized he was being carried. He tried to move his head to see whom it was carrying him. He then heard the voice of Galyon. “Rest Phardaxia… you will need your strength.”
“Aye..” added Koharg, “Tobyas will have you in order in no time….” Phardaxia slipped back into unconsciousness.

Phardaxia opened his eyes. Next to him were Tobyas, Sarekonna and Cerrick. He tried to move, but every muscle in his body hurt. “Oww..”

“Lie still Phardaxia, you are not fully healed yet.” Tobyas said with a soothing tone. Phardaxia tried to sit up and looked to Cerrick. “My book?”
“Yes your book,” started Cerrick, “we got your book.. and I have been doing a little reading. I hope you don’t mind, but I was trying to figure out what that thing was and why it wanted you… I mean the book.”

Phardaxia collapsed back into the bed.

“You must not move Phardaxia..” Tobyas said sternly. “I need to go get a few things from my room, now promise me you will not move an inch.”
Phardaxia looked to Tobyas, “I promise…”

Tobyas got up and left the room. Sarekonna came and sat next to Phardaxia.
“My poor little squire” She said as she smiled warmly to him.

Phardaxia smiled back to Sarekonna and then looked to Cerrick. “So did you find anything?”

Cerrick dropped his head, “No.. nothing about this beast. The rest of the information I will let you read for yourself.” Cerrick then handed the book to Sarekonna.

Sarekonna opened the book and began to read:

…I have searched Camelot and think I have found the answers…

It seems as though a knight called Phardax, one in secession for the throne, was bewitched by this woman only known as “Kaleedra”. The records indicate that she forced Phardax to find the “Cup of Unity”, a powerful relic. It was said that her order, “The Order of Life” needed this cup for a ritual to bring them power beyond their comprehension. Shortly before the word of Phardax’s death reached the city, Kaleedra vanished. She stole most of his belongings. Nothing has been heard from her since…

…I have concluded that this “Kaleedra” is Phardaxia’s mother. But why if she were this witch would she name her child after her “pawn” in obtaining the Cup of Life? I must find this Kaleedra if she still is alive…

…there has been another note left under my door. It says, “you will find her in Snowdonia. You must be careful.” I am not sure if I should trust this note, but since I have no other option I must…

…I HAVE FOUND HER!! Yes she is in this little village…

Sarekonna stopped reading.

“Where? WHAT DOES IT SAY?” Phardaxia cried.

Sarekonna looked down at the book then to Phardaxia. “The page is missing.”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Crispian » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:41 am

Crispian was in the common room addressing the securing of the building and indeed all of Glenn Abbey. Word had been sent to Drayworth with Tobyas to heighten the alert in that sleepy village too. Indeed, there was now much cause for concern and worry.

Patrols would be mounted and the various arcanely talented would be asked to keep watch as well over the two towns in Rilan where most of the League and their allies called home. This matter of Phardaxia now occupied a greater part of Crispian's mind, and he had just cause to be wary, not of the men, but of the events.
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Tobyas » Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:12 am

Tobyas sat down on a bench in the common room. With a shaking hand, he pushed sweat-dampened hair from his brow and leaned against the wall. "I am nyet sure vhat afflicts Phar-doxia," he said in his accented voice, weariness creeping in to even its normally irrepressable tone. "Is something large...and not of dis vorld."

Leaning his head against the wall to rest, he waited for Nikolia to bring up his 'special kit' from the cottage in Drayworth.
Tobyas
Under-Marshal
Tobyas
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Sarekonna » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:03 am

Sarekonna closed the book and leveled her squire with a stern look. “Phardaxia, we are your friends and we want to help you.” She passed the book to him and he took it eagerly clutching it to himself. She looked into his eyes seeing the fear and a wild sense of desperation. She raised one eyebrow as she regarded him. “Phardaxia, you must keep your wits about you.” She shuddered slightly, but masked it well as her mind returned to the alley, “and tell us what you know of that beast>”

Phardaxia took a deep breath attempting ot calm his nerves. Now as the moment he must decide how much he trusted Lady Sarekonna and Sir Cerrick.
Sarekonna

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:34 am

Phardaxia looked into Sarekonna’s eyes and felt comforted. He then looked to Cerrick and nodded slightly.

“Unfortunately I do not know much of the beast.” Phardaxia said with a sigh. “It had killed my father right before my eyes, and seemed to be searching my father for ‘something’. I made a very bold and brash commitment, as many silly youths do, to avenge his death and find this beast.” Phardaxia paused for a moment.

“For 5 years I searched for this beast and found nothing. Youthful vengeance scenarios turned into more mature thoughts of training and discipline until the beast was far from my daily thoughts, but more as a force driving me to excel at my craft for the one day I face the beast again.” Phardaxia’a face grew sad and troubled.

“I have failed yet again and my father’s death still goes un-avenged.” Phardaxia looked up to Sarekonna and Cerrick. “If even you two, the most powerful friends I have, could not defeat this monster, how can I?”

Phardaxia’s spirit sank as he slumped back into bed. Cerrick moved to Phardaxia’s side. Drew his sword and knelt down next to him.

“By my sword and by the grace of God, I will make it my quest to rid you, and this realm of this foul beast.” Cerrick said sternly.
Sarekonna smiled warmly to Phardaxia then placed her hand on Cerrick’s shoulder. “Then I guess it is off to Camelot.” Sarekonna looked back down to the book. “I believe the beast will show it’s ugly face again. Next time we will be ready for him.”

Cerrick then took the book from Phardaxia. “Let me hold this, you need your rest if you are going to go anywhere.”

Father Tobyas then rushed in. “Eh… y’still here? Shu…e moost git his rest. Dis no good. Git out!” Tobyas ushered Cerrick and Sarekonna from the room.

They both walked into the courtyard outside the guild house to have a talk.
“You don’t have to come… it will be very dangerous. We may not make it back.” Cerrick said to Sarekonna.
“Don’t be silly… he is my squire. I need to look out for him. Besides, who is going to save you?” Sarekonna said with a bit of a chuckle.

Cerrick smiled and looked down at the book. “What is so special about this thing that makes this beast want this?” Cerrick opened the book. “and why is the page ripped.” Cerrick paused for a moment. “Wait a second…” As Cerrick angled the book into the moonlight, words appeared on the many blank pages after the one ripped page.

Sarekonna stared in amazement. “What does it say Cerrick?”

“I…I don’t know.” Cerrick said bewildered. “It is in a tongue I have never seen.”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:58 am

Phardaxia opened his eyes the next morning and for a moment thought, “What a dream…” but then the pain in his ribs reminded him that what happened was real.

He sat up and looked over to Cerrick sleeping in the corner. Phardaxia smiled and walked over to the sleeping Paladin.

“You know, my friend, you should really take off your armor when you sleep.” Phardaxia said jokingly to Cerrick.

At the sound, Cerrick quickly sprang up and took a battle stance. He looked at the chuckling Phardaxia and placed his sword back into it’s holster.

“Morning Phardaxia.” Cerrick sleepily said.

“Morning, good Paladin… care for some tea?” Cerrick nodded to Phardaxia and they went out to the common area of the guild house.

Crispian, Sarekonna, Maldroth, and Tobyas were standing there heatedly discussing something. They noticed Phardaxia and Cerrick enter the room and quickly silenced themselves. Phardaxia saw Sarekonna holding the book and knew it was what was being discussed.

“I am sorry to cause so much trouble.” Phardaxia said sadly to the group.

Sarekonna smiled warmly to him, “You are not causing this trouble, we are just trying to figure out what to do with this book.”

Phardaxia looked puzzled. “My father’s journal? I know that beast is after it, but it is just a journal.”

Sarekonna handed the book to Crispian, walked over to Phardaxia, took his hand and led him over to Crispian. She looked over to Maldroth and nodded.

Maldroth started chanting a spell and his hand began to glow a dull blue. The blue gave way to a brilliant yellow light as he positioned his hand above the book.

Crispian opened the book and positioned it to face Phardaxia. The light shone on the book and revealed strange markings.

Phardaxia’s eyes widened and mouth gaped open. “My god….”

Phardaxia sat down in amazement. “I…I don’t understand… what is it? What does it say? What does it mean?”

Crispian nodded to Maldroth. Maldroth stopped his hand from glowing, walked over to the boiling kettle and stared into the fire.
Crispian closed the book and crouched down next to Phardaxia.

“We are not sure what it says…” Crispian paused for a moment. “But it is Hibernian.”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:44 am

“Hibernian?” Phardaxia said in a state of shock. “What was my father doing with a book of Hibernian text?”

Cerrick looked to Crispian, “M’Lord, is there any way we may be able to translate this text?”

Crispian looked down in despair. “I know not the tongue of the enemy… nor anyone whom could even possibly know a few words.”

Crispian’s eyes suddenly lit up. “Unless….” Crispian rose from his crouch and walked to the bottom of the stair.

“Maurin!!!” Crispian looked to Sarekonna and smiled. “ Maurin… I have something I need you to look at!”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Pillyn » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:30 pm

Maurin heard Crispy's voice coming up the stairs and cringed. Oh, dear....what had she done this time? She went through all of the possible things she could have done wrong...maybe the cleric Jothan still thought she'd mesmerized him that one time and complained, or maybe Paewyn had thought of something she had done that was 'unfitting for one of her circumstances.'

She stopped packing her bag for a moment and looked down at Dreams, her little air critter Krael gave her. She knelt down and quickly hugged him before walking over to the door. Steeling herself for whatever Crispy wanted, she opened the door and walked over to the stairway, Dreams trailing behind her faithfully.

She slowly walked down the stairs, and upon seeing Crispy standing at the bottom, blurted out, "I did na do it...honest."

Crispy chuckled at the worried look on her face. "Maurin, nothing is wrong. I just need you to look at something for us."

He gestured for her to join the others, and she walked towards them, still unsure. She had really met Crispy and Tobyas, but had seen the others in passing. What could they need her help for? She could barely keep her instruments straight, still.

As Maurin came over to the others, she noticed Crispy holding some sort of tome. When she stopped with the others, Crispy looked at her, as if weighing his options. "Maurin, something has come to the League from your homeland of Hibernia, it would seem. If you remember the commotion last night, then you should know that some other foul beast wants this tome, and we need to know why and what it is."

With these words, Crispy handed Maurin the tome, and she gasped as its cover was revealed. She looked at everyone, intently, reverently taking the tome into her hands. "How...how did ya find this? It's been lost to us for generations. The stories that have been told…..how….how did it get here?”
Pillyn - Theurgist
Kayllee - Scout
Daleena - Cleric
Co-GM <WildCard>
Pillyn
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Sarekonna » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:24 am

Sarekonna turned to Phardaxia, “Yes Phardaxia, tell us how you managed to get a hold of this?” She knew it had belonged to his father, but she also knew that he had only recently obtained it.

He looked at everone hesitating, and Sarekonna grew more worried by the look in his eye. “Phardaxia, please, we are all your friends here.”

Phardaxia stood and began pacing the room. Sarekonna was unsure what he planned, but her anxiety increased with his pacing. Everyone watched him expectantly.
Sarekonna

Postby Crispian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:45 am

Crispian settled easily against his desk, battle-hardened muscle shifting under the fine doublet he wore. His eyes and face remained calm as he watched the young caster, though he felt a bit naked without even his sword. "Phardaxia, most all of us here have had some event in our past that left us with a mystery. We might be able to help you better understand all that is happening with you."
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Phardaxia » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:41 am

Phardaxia continued to pace. He felt the burden of this book and was glad to have friends such as these to turn to.
“Well…” he started, “after my father’s death I foolishly ran after the beast with a few friends from the academy. As you have seen, the beast is a bit powerful, so we lost it almost immediately.” Phardaxia went over to a chair and sat down.

“I could not bear to go back home and face the sadness of my father’s things, so I did just that. Never went home.” Phardaxia paused a moment as if in regret.

“So, I was in Camelot looking for spell components two days ago and decided I would stop by the inn for a spot of ale. This man came to me and tried to sell me my father’s personal spell crafting kit. I looked at it in horror and asked the man where he got this item. His excuse was his guy got it from another guy…..anyway. So I decided I had to go home and make sure nothing else was being stolen.”

Phardaxia got up again and started pacing. “So I get home and everything is disheveled. Like someone was searching through all his stuff. Very few things were taken, the expensive jewels used for spell crafting and some ornate boxes my father had. I decide that I was going to clean the place up, put his things away and use this estate as my home away from the guild house.” Phardaxia starts making movement of what he is saying.

“So, I put Talbot down on the crafting table and started sweeping” makes sweeping motions. “I walk outside to beat out a dusty rug, come back, and Talbot is gone!” Phardaxia’s eyes widen. “I started looking everywhere for him, wondering where the hat could have gone.”

Phardaxia takes off his hat and places it on the floor. “So I finally find him in the fire pit. I bent down and tried to pick him up, and he gets caught on something. So I yank him.” Phardaxia recreates the scene yanking Talbot.

“Soot goes EVERYWHERE! So now, in the fire pit I see this large, now uncovered hole. In the hole along with a few other personal affects is this book. Intrigued, I opened and started reading the first page. I was astonished as to what it read.” Phardaxia sat back down in his chair.

“Then I heard a noise from outside…” Phardaxia put his hand on his head. “ I saw a robed man whom I thought was avalonian… except for the points on his ears.”

The crowd that had gathered to listen to Phardaxia gasped. Mereelyn stopped sewing for a moment a questioned, “An elf? In Albion?”
Kaennan counter, “Nay… it can’t be!”
“There has never been a Hibernian this close to Camelot!” Caviel shouted.

Crispian let his eye wonder over to look upon Maurin for a moment, then chuckled.

“Friends!” Phardaxia said in a raised tone to call order, “I do not now if it was an actual elf or not. As I was about to go and…” ruffles the cuffs of his robe, “ find out, this beast appeared next to him. I quickly grabbed this book and fled back here. I thought it had not followed me, but after the events of last night, I was wrong.”

Phardaxia sighed and looked down. “That is all I know of the book…”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Next