Discovery....

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Postby Crispian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:58 pm

Crispian stood and began his own pacing. His squat, solid body moved with grace born from years of training and battle. Walking centered, he looked very assured. "We need to put out some feelers, quietly, about this."

He stopped, toying with his signet ring. A sly grin crossed his face, erasing the responsibilites a moment and making him again look the young man he was in truth. "TANNIR!" he shouted suddenly.
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Pillyn » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:28 pm

Maurin looked at Caviel when he made his comment and arched her eyebrow. He did not seem to notice it, but Crispy did and chuckled.

Once Dax was done telling his story of how he came by the book, Maurin slowly opened the pages and screamed in horror.

"WHAT HAVE YA DONE?!?!?!" Her fingers traced the Albion words, and she looked up at Dax, tears in her eyes. "How could ya mark foreign words on one of the most revered tomes of Hibernia? Do ya even know what this is?! And.....and...a page is missin...." She blinked back tears, as her fingers trailed down the ripped edge.

"Do ya na even know what ya possess? Any mage would give his life and sanity ta possess the secrets written here."
Pillyn - Theurgist
Kayllee - Scout
Daleena - Cleric
Co-GM <WildCard>
Pillyn
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Crispian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:58 pm

Tannir came quietly into the room and listened to whispered words from Crispian, nodding occasionally. Almost as if by stealth, he slipped from the room.

Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Paewyn » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:05 am

From her favorite corner of the League hall, cloaked in the dark shadows furthest from the great hearth, Paewyn watched and listened. She had been in Maurin's room watching her when Crispian's voice had boomed the minstrel's name, and followed the celt down the hall and into the common room.

Paewyn had given herself the assignment of watching Maurin's every move. Crispian and the others may have trusted the bard, but Paewyn knew it was just a matter of time before Maurin would begin to realise where her true loyalties lay, and she vowed to be there to witness it when it happened. Maybe she would decide to return that beloved tome to her homeland. Maybe it was her that set the beast on the hall. Phardaxia had mentioned an elf the last time, maybe the creature could only get in when another Hibernian was about. Besides, Paewyn thought, watching Maurin closely would be far less boring than following Cerrick around and answering his every beckon and call. Almost to illustrate her thoughts, Tannir rushed in as Crisipan demanded, and rushed out again on his Seneschal's orders.

With a silent sigh, Paewyn leaned against the wall and watched, her eyes frequently stopping on the Celt as things unfolded.
Paewyn
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:19 am

Phardaxia looked to the faces of the League and then to Crispian. He took a deep breath.

“M’Lord… I do not wish to bring this trouble to our house.” Phardaxia gazed at all of his friends as if for the last time.

“I will take myself, and this wretched book far from here so I will not endanger anyone else with my…” Phardaxia paused for a moment, “Ill-luck.”

Phardaxia smiled warmly and started up the stairs to retrieve his things.
"Golden teeth and golden tones. Welcome to my presence!"- Dr. Teeth
Daxxus, Not too Bright Wizard of the Empire, Pheonix Throne, WAR
Maintime, gimped Assassin, Cim. AoC
Captain Antonio Pantalones, Privateer, PotBS
Celah, Necromancer of Antonia Bayle, EQII
Phardaxia, Wizard of Nimue with his keen hat Talbot
Maintime, mince meat of CoD2 and CoD4
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Sarekonna » Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:26 am

“Phardaxia, hold right there” the words were spoken coldly and he froze in his steps. He looked back confused by the anger he saw clearly on Sarekonna’s face.

“My Lady,” he spoke hesitantly. He had never seen such anger cross her features before. “I am doing it for the good of the League.” He looked again across the faces of the League saddened by his decision, but convinced it was the right thing to do. “It is the proper thing to do.” He resumed his climb of the stairs.

Sarekonna stood pulling the black cloak she still wore around her tightly. She was so angry, that she could not even speak. She was tired of people solving their troubles by walking through the doors of the League never to return rather than talking it out and using their resources…their family to solve the issues they faced.

She took a step but then suddenly found her voice. “You’re family is not something that you cast aside when they can help you through your troubles, Phardaxia.” Her hand reflexively went to the medallion hanging at her neck.

“I am trying to protect my family.” With that final comment Phardaxia reached his room slipping inside and shutting the door behind him.

Sarekonna felt her face heat up as the anger boiled within her. She looked back from the door to Crispian and Cerrick, then to the door. Something called to her from outside and she felt a sudden urge to get air. She turned abruptly and headed for the door.

“Sara?” Crispian called to her, a worried look on his face.

“I need some air.” She said quietly as she swiftly went through the doors and made her way to a certain hillside.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:19 am

Phardaxia closed the door to his room behind him. He could not keep himself from weeping. He did not want to leave his friends behind and run off into oblivion, but he could not endanger their lives any longer. After what Cerrick had told him of his encounter with the beast, Phardaxia doubted that even the League’s elders combined could not take on the beast.

Phardaxia thought of all the young, new faces he had been seeing around hall recently. He could not let harm come to any of them, especially when he alone was the cause.

Phardaxia sat down at his desk and composed a letter.

To my dear friends,

With a heavy heart I write you this farewell letter. Fate it seems has brought this book, along with all of its troubles, to me. I will shoulder this burden alone for I am sure none of you desire an early burial.
I wanted to take this last moment to thank each and every one of you for the kindness you have shown me. From my first days as a bumbling wizard setting fire to the rose bushes out front, to my enchanted hat that has gotten Aermus into countless trouble, to my acceptance into the League’s Knighthood, all of you has shown the meaning of the word “brother” to me.

Cerrick; With out you, I would be without this home. You saw in me something that no one else did and reached out your hand. I took your hand, the hand of the League, and I have been holding it ever since. Please take as a token, Talbot. He needs a good home, and what better home for him then by the side of the good Paladin he seems to like to annoy so much.

Sarekonna; You forged me, like a master craftsman does with a fine blade. Molding me into an instrument of power, but keeping my integrity and honor. Without you I would have been lost, like so many others in this realm. Please take my amulet. It will not be needed where I am going and I always thought it would look better on you.

Lord Crispian; With out strong leadership, a guild is nothing. Not only have you proven time and again that you have this strength, but in times of great peril, you have also proven that you are a man of character. Great men and women gravitate towards greatness and you are a great attraction. I was planning on giving these to you for your birthday but since it seems I will not be here, I have fashioned lifts for your shoes. If you put them in, it will add a good 5 inches to your height. This should ward off any more of those “short” comments.

I leave the rest of my belongings to the League for without them, I would have nothing. Please take care of my squires, they have great potential and will surely make the League proud.

Sincerely,

Phardaxia Quemar, Knight of St. Crispian’s League

Phardaxia gathered a few books, an extra robe, some writing materials, and stuffed them in a bag.

He blew out the candle in his room and took one last look.

“Goodbye…” He whispered to himself and walked out the door.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Tobyas » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:40 am

The evening wind rustled gently the leaves of Glenn Abbey as Tobyas walked up the hill from the small cottage-cum-chapel he now called home. His scarlet cassock swirled about his legs, hiding the fine chain armor underneath it. Moonlight glimpsed from time to time off his titian hair. All in all, he felt young this eve, fresh and alive.

He paused a moment at the corner of the large villa the League occupied. A little while away had restored him of mind and spirit. His smile slipped as he saw a figure emerge from the door.

"Going somewhere, brother?" he asked the startleted Phardaxia as he stepped forward into the torchlight of the entrance. "And sans guild color and emblem, I see." His green eyes that had danced with merriment but a second ago hardened into the likeness of agates, piercing and direct.
Tobyas
Under-Marshal
Tobyas
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Phardaxia » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:13 am

Phardaxia closed the door to his room and looked upon it. He never noticed the special properties of his door before. The ding Cerrick left in it from showing him his new sword, a smudge from Father Jerrimiah after he unexpectedly realized the door had just been painted. Even his door had the fingerprint of everyone in the league. The same fingerprint was on Phardaxia’s heart. He took a deep breath and started down the stairs.

He looked over at the disturbed faces of the entire league arguing of what should be done with the book, whether or not they should stop Phardaxia from leaving, and how to protect the young ones of the league. This just confirmed that Phardaxia had to leave.

In their arguing, all but one hadn’t even noticed the wizard had come back down and exit the guildhall. Phardaxia’s noble squire Maurin, still clutching the book, quickly ran after her Knight.

Phardaxia stepped out of the guild house into the torchlight and breathed a sigh of relief. “Whew, I made it out without cowardice.” He thought to himself as he began to think of the road ahead.

Suddenly he heard a voice, “Going somewhere brother?” Phardaxia was startled for a moment until he made out the friendly face of Father Tobyas. “And sans guild color and emblem, I see.”

Phardaxia stopped and searched his thoughts for something to say to his friend. His face then grew sad. “I am leaving brother…”

Maurin then came through the guild door and bumped into the back of Phardaxia. Phardaxia turned and saw his noble squire standing there with the book he so wished was far, far away.

“Ye na be leavin without yer best squire now would ye?” Maurin beamed a smile to Phardaxia.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:14 am

Ayslyn sat in his chair by the fire, reading the daily reports of his Eyes and Ears. He chuckled and read the last one aloud.

"Willow sighted on St. Crispin's finger." He raised an eyebrow with a grin.

Secaran shrugged in amusement. "He's new."

Ayslyn nodded. "Well then. I suppose it is time to visit Camelot again."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
Tweaking the nose of Evil for over 1000 years
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sarekonna » Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:44 pm

Sarekonna tromped through the brush near the villa. Attempting yet again to escape her emotions, but she was failing miserably. The cool breeze that evening was bringing did nothing to hold back the sting of tears from her eyes. Too much had happened recently and she was beginning to feel an inability to cope.

She stopped suddenly leaning back against a tree clasping the medallion around her neck. Tears began streaming down her face as she tried to catch her breath. She was tired of her emotions playing out before the League and she had needed an escape. She wasn’t finding it though. Her eyes flashed anger as she tried to focus on the issue at hand. Phardaxia was going to leave…disappear as so many others before him had done. If she had not instilled the value of the League on her own squire…her mind paused as she heard the snap of a twig.

Memories still too painfully close surged on her. Her stomach rolled and her skin crawled. She froze listening for another sound of movement.
Sarekonna

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:59 am

Ayslyn stepped out of the Hidden Paths and into a small grove of trees near Camelot. He pulled the hood of his robe up a little further to hide his elven features. He made his way into the city, winking at one of the guards who acted as one of his Eyes and Ears.

He made his way throught the city streets to one of his safehouses and slipped inside. He changed out of his monk's robes and into something more normal for him. He rumaged in the cupboards and took out some bread and cheese. Slowly eating, he waited.

It wasn't long before someone came, a young servant from the League villa. He smiled when he saw Ayslyn. "My Lord!" he exclaimed.

Ayslyn chuckled, "Easy lad, just Ayslyn is fine. Sit and tell me what you have seen."

The lad sat down and told Ayslyn of the book and Phardaxia, of the attack of the beast, and of Phardaxia's leaving. Ayslyn nodded along as he reported. "Alright then. Tell Him that I am here, and will assist in any way I can. Tell Him that I would dearly love a look at this book as well. It might be a good idea to have a chat with our errant bard as well."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
Tweaking the nose of Evil for over 1000 years
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Crispian » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:32 am

Hours later, as dawn was nearing, Crispian thwacked the training again, the simple sword he was using taking chunks out of the body. Sweat ran freely down his torso, faint scars showing pale white against the pale skin of one who spent too much time in his armor. He paused to wipe his brow and run scarred fingers through his short golden hair. As he turned, Tannir offered him a coarse towel.

"Ah, Tannir, back already?" he said with a smile, eyes smuded grey from a near sleepless night thinking on the Phardaxia matter. "News?"

Tannir nodded, solemn. "Aye, Sir, he is here, and would like to see the book, and um," Tannir paused a moment, "and Maurin, sir." His eyes narrowed to mere blue slits.

Crispian thought a moment, gaining his breath fully. "Very well, Tann, let's see if we cannot arrange something...down at the Chapel, I think. I'll tell Tobyas to make ready and if you'll see to the others?" He started toward the villa, "Oh, and tell Jashen I want a watch posted...the old style watch." His voice carried easily on the morning dew-soaked wind.

Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Tobyas » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:57 am

(and still earlier that evening)

"Leaving? Just up and leave?" Tobyas scowled a moment. He was all too aware of what Phardaxia had been surrounded by of late, and it was growing to concern him. He was vaguely reminded of D'Vena and Crispian. That had been hard enough.

He nodded slowly, a smile crossing his face briefly. "If I may, good Sir Knight, it is tradition to have a fast and then celebrate the sacrament before leaving on a grave quest," he bowed slight to Maurin, "and your squire of course vould attend. Would you have this grace of Holy Mother Church before you begin these travails?"

Although the last was asked as a question, the steely resolve in Tobyas' agate hard eyes conveyed a sense that it would be far less troublesome if Phardaxia perhaps went along with this.
Tobyas
Under-Marshal
Tobyas
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Phardaxia » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:33 am

Phardaxia was quickly loosing his resolve to leave. Tobyas had always been one of the Leaguers he had admired the most. He knew any delay in his leaving may endanger more lives, however, divine favor couldn’t hurt him.

“Aye Father, but I must leave in the morning.” Phardaxia looked to his squire.

“You don’t not have to travel with me young squire. This is my burden and my burden alone. I feel you would better serve the league alive then deceased.” Phardaxia stared into Maurin’s blue eyes. He could tell she would not leave him, or the book. He sighed.

He looked back to Tobyas, “Well, when shall we be off to the church for a much needed blessing?”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

PreviousNext

Return to The Lord's Arse