Discovery....

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Postby Tobyas » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:57 am

Tobyas nodded, again looking the young man he was. He smiled to Maurin. "Forgive me that we have only the shrine to Saint Birget, but it is a catholic chapel." He turned to lead them back down the sloping will to Drayworth, but stopped. Something was amiss, he felt, like riding through woods with wolves pacing the sides.

He bowed his head slightly and prayed over them all for strength, health and speed in battle, adding also prayers against the four manners of magic. Feeling more comfortable, he nodded. "Now, let us go to chapel for a vigil, then I will offer a dawn mass for your intentions."

The small white cottage, slowly being renovated into a chapel, came into view below them in Drayworth.
Tobyas
Under-Marshal
Tobyas
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Pillyn » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:19 am

Maurin looked at the temple and shook her head. "I should na go in there. It is na right, since I do na follow yer god." Maurin seemed genuinely worried about disgracing the temple.

She tried to find an example that Tobyas would understand. "It would be like ya goin into one of our sacred druid groves ta pray ta my goddess. Yer god would not be happy with ya, even if that is the only place of wership there is. As my goddess would na be happy with me, if I went into yer chapel and prayed ta yer god. I can accept prays fer me, because I can na tell people how or whom ta wership, but I can control ta whom my prays go ta."

"Please, Tobyas, do na be thinkin me disrespectful, but I have ta decline the offer ta enter yer temple. I will wait out here fer Dax when he is done." Maurin's eyes held a silent plea for Tobyas to understand.
Pillyn - Theurgist
Kayllee - Scout
Daleena - Cleric
Co-GM <WildCard>
Pillyn
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:39 am

Phardaxia looked at Maurin. “Aye lass.. I will go with Tobyas and ye go back to the villa.” He smiled warmly to Maurin. “But… pray to your god as well, I feel we may need it.”

Maurin smiled and turned toward the villa. Phardaxia cleared his throat at Maurin. “Maurin?”

Maurin turned back around, “Yes Sir Phardaxia?”

Phardaxia chuckled, “May I have the book back please?”

Maurin looked down at the book and then back up to the wizard. “I will hold it for you and keep it very safe.”

Phardaxia shook his head, “Thank you good squire, but it is much too dangerous for you to hold. Please give it to me.” Phardaxia held out his hand.

Maurin wondered what kind of trouble she would get in if she ran. She then remembered Phardaxia practicing his Root spell the other day and realized she would not get far.

She stamped her foot and groaned, “But Dax…I…I can’t.”

Phardaxia’s face grew angered. “MAURIN! Give me my book!”

Maurin countered, “It’s not your book, it’s Hibernia’s, you should never of gotten it!”

Phardaxia reached out his hand and clasped the book. He stared at Maurin. Maurin felt his eyes pierce her. Phardaxia had always been kind and jovial, but now he was angry and looked ready to take the book from his squire, by force if need be.

“I will ask you this last time, LET IT GO MAURIN!” Phardaxia raising his staff, seemed to grow in size, as his request echoed through the trees.

Tobyas, surprised by this exchange backed off a bit.

Maurin held the book firmly in her hands for a moment, then released the book.

Phardaxia quickly put the book inside his bag.

Maurin had not known what had come over her. She had never disobeyed Phardaxia before, nor had she ever wanted to. She wondered why she had wanted to hold the book so much she risked everything to keep it. She looked toward the wizard her knight, not even able to look him in his eyes.

“I..I am sorry Dax. I don’t know what came over me.” Her eyes began to tear a bit.

Phardaxia gave her a warm smile and a long hug. After the embrace he lifted her chin to look in her eyes.

“These are strange times my squire…we are all not ourselves.” He patted her on the head and winked. “Now go home and sleep. I will need your strength later.”

Phardaxia turned, put his hand on Tobyas’s shoulder and walked with him toward the small white cottage.
"Golden teeth and golden tones. Welcome to my presence!"- Dr. Teeth
Daxxus, Not too Bright Wizard of the Empire, Pheonix Throne, WAR
Maintime, gimped Assassin, Cim. AoC
Captain Antonio Pantalones, Privateer, PotBS
Celah, Necromancer of Antonia Bayle, EQII
Phardaxia, Wizard of Nimue with his keen hat Talbot
Maintime, mince meat of CoD2 and CoD4
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:36 pm

Ayslyn nodded happily as his agent gave him the news. "That wil do fine lad. Tell him that I shall be there." He gathered up his cloak and gear and made ready to head for the chapel. He wanted to be there early so that he might get an impression of the people involved.
Ayslyn Greenwillow
Tweaking the nose of Evil for over 1000 years
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Tobyas » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:11 am

Tobyas led Phardaxia into the dimly lit chapel. The building was largely empty except for a marble alter he had acquired and some other religious trappings Tobyas had at hand. "Please, Sir Phardaxia, take a few moments to clean yourself before the vigil night begins."

As the earnest Knight went about his ablotions, Tobyas went down to the chambers in the basement. Young Nikiyta was preparing vestments for the evening prayers. "Have you heard?" Tobyas asked in a low voice as he pulled off his battle-mantle, leaving the chain in place as he pulled a cassock over his head.

"They come now, holy one," the younger man replied, fastening a cincture around Tobyas's waist. "And they know the route to use." As they continued the vesting, Tobyas could not keep his heart from racing a little bit.

Such intregue and excitement! It was like this last when...it had been some time, he said to himself with a tight smile. "Most good, make certain they attract no attention too much when they enter."

He turned and made his way back up the stairs, silk vestments rustling as he moved.
Tobyas
Under-Marshal
Tobyas
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Phardaxia » Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:15 am

Phardaxia looked at the marble alter. He was never a religious man and thought it funny how now he was kneeling and praying to a god he would have chuckled about two days ago.

“God…” he thought to himself, “I know you and I have had an interesting relationship, but if ye are up there, I need your help now more then ever. If not to help me, to protect those of the League this beast wishes to harm.”

Phardaxia closed his eyes and continued to pray for strength and a way to better times.
He knew the beast was close, almost ever watching him. All for this book he did not understand.

Phardaxia felt a hand on his shoulder. He quickly opened his eyes and turned to look. Phardaxia gaped in amazement. It was Kalimar…his father.

“Father…” Phardaxia said as he began to sob.

Kalimar smiled. “I am truly sorry my boy. I wish I hadn’t caused you and your friends so much trouble.”

Phardaxia just looked at his father, speechlessly wanting to hug him.

“This book,” Kalimar began again, “I never knew what it was in life. I mean… other then my journal.” Kalimar smiled.

“It is an awful book and cannot fall into the wrong hands.” Kalimar peered over to the stairs going to the basement.

“Bah! I must leave now son. Whatever you do… do NOT fail.” Kalimar noticed the fear on Phardaxia’s face.

“I am sorry to place this task on you, but the fate of the realm depends on it.” Kalimar stated as he began to fade.

“Find your mother… seek the Order of Life in Camelot. She will help you!” Kalimar faded back into nothingness.

Phardaxia collapsed in tears.

Tobyas appeared at the top of the stair and saw Phardaxia on the ground crying.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:50 pm

Ayslyn watched through the eyes of a mouse. Breaking the link between them, he sat back in his hiding spot and mused to himself, "Interesting... Very interesting."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Tobyas » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:26 pm

Tobyas rushed to the side of the fallen man, his vestments making on a rustle in the still air. "Phardoxia?" he said softly, gesturing with a hand to Nikiyta, who turned and went back downstairs. "Vhat is wrong?"

He sat, cradling the head of the young knight in his lap, smoothing hair back. "Now, no cause for concerns, rest easy a moment." The still of the chapel was unbroken except for the occasional sob from Phardaxia and the flickering lights of votive candles.

Nikiyta made his way down the stairs into the cellar, where torches burned bright. Cots and desks were in the corners, but he went straight away into Tobyas's private sanctum. He paused before a cupboard, crossing himself Eastern style. With a lift of a latch, a panel opened in the wall.

"They are ready," he said to a cloaked figure within.
Tobyas
Under-Marshal
Tobyas
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:56 am

Phardaxia didn’t know if he could handle this task. Cerrick, Sarekonna, and Crispian had always been there to catch him. Now Father Tobyas. Phardaxia was tired of feeling like the victim in all of this.

There was a creature after him, his dead father had just charged him with a quest of the utmost importance, and he needed help.

Phardaxia composed himself and looked into Tobyas’ comforting gaze.

“I will pray now.” He said as he closed his eyes and knelt.

Tobyas stood up and walked to the back of the room leaving Phardaxia alone.

“In the morning I will go back to the guild house and speak once again to the League. They are all in danger, they should all decide the fate of this matter.” Phardaxia said then continued to pray.

Tobyas nodded silently. He knew tomorrow was going to be a trying day for all of the league.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Raijel Sangraria » Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:12 am

“DAMN!” Raijel thought as she stepped on a twig snapping it making a loud sound.

“How can I be so bad at moving silently?” she said as she shook her head. “I mean.. I know I am a minstrel and all, but I am also a rogue.”

Raijel was on her way back to say a few “Hellos!” to the league that was once her home. The Fatal Jest had recently docked in Gothwaite Harbor and she really wanted to give a few hugs to her old friends.

Raijel stopped suddenly. She listened. She wasn’t sure to draw her rapier to fight, or her drum to run. She then heard a sound. It was crying.

“Bah… it must be Maurin. Silly girl still on about Hibernia..” she chuckled as she made her way towards the sound.

She saw a shadowy figure near the brush. “Maurin?” she called out to the figure.
"I hear the song of your demise in my head."
Raijel Sangraria, First Mate, Crew of the Fatal Jest
Raijel Sangraria
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sarekonna » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:01 am

Sarekonna let out a breath of relief as she heard Raijel call to Maurin. She took several quick breaths as she remained quiet trying to calm her racing heart. She as being foolish she chided herself. It was next to impossible that one from another realm had been in these woods before it wouldn't happen again.

She waited as she listened to the sounds of Raijel tromping off towards the League Hall. That's where she should be as well. There was no point sitting in these woods. She caught the hem of her black robes on a twig and they tore. Good she thought, it was time for these to go anyways. Brushing the stray locks of hair that had slipped into her face back she marched around a tree a bumbed head on into Cerrick.

She gasped in surprise as he caught her helping her to maintain her balance.

"M'Lady, Sara, what are you doing out here?" he asked, "I grew worried when you didn't return."

Sarekonna smiled to herself. She knew that while he was no longer under the orders to protect her, that old habits die hard.

"I'm sorry for worrying you Cerrick, I do that to often." She accepted his arm as they made their way back to the hall, she lowered her gaze to hide her tears, but it was too late. Cerrick however, did not say anything as he guided her back to the hall.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby Phardaxia » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:42 am

Morning dawned on Rilan. Weary, Phardaxia made his way back to the guild house. He walked in and saw Cerrick and Crispian sitting by the fire. They turned to look at Phardaxia and he gave them a small smile.

Phardaxia sat down for a moment.

“Care for some tea?” Cerrick said breaking the silence.

Phardaxia took off Talbot and placed him down next to him. “Aye..” he nodded.

Cerrick poured him a cup and brought it over to Phardaxia. He took the cup and sipped it. He looked to Cerrick then to Crispian with sadness in his eyes. “Excellent tea M’lord…excellent.”

Crispian came over to Phardaxia and placed his hand on his shoulder. Phardaxia looked up to his comforting face.

“I have decided that since the league has been endangered by this book, we all should decide its fate. I will take it by myself if need be, but I thought perhaps someone in the league may have a better idea.” Phardaxia said as he began to stand. Crispian held him in place.

“Sit my friend. Finish your tea. I will rise the league and we will decide.” Crispian said with a smile and began to walk up the stairs to the sleeping league.

Phardaxia looked over to Cerrick and nodded. “We have been through much old friend.”

He took another sip. “Damn good tea.”
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:26 pm

Ayslyn watched from around the corner as Crispian climbed the stairs. As he approached Ayslyn whispered, "You have interesting friends lad," with a wide grin.
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Crispian » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:14 am

Crispian turned toward the voice, a look of mild surprise on his face. "Indeed," he said quietly, glancing about before indicating that Ayslyn should move toward his office. "And some more so than others!" he quipped as he and the elf settled into his private chambers. "Were you able to observe Phardaxia at the Chapel?"
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:33 pm

Ayslyn chuckled softly as he took a seat. "Aye, I did. Quite the lad you've got there. Keep him close and I'll wager you'll not regret it." He rested his arms on the back of the chair. "So then. What can I help with?"
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to The Lord's Arse