Discovery....

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Postby Crispian » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:25 am

Crispian relaxed against the edge of his desk, signalling discreetly to Tannir for tea and refreshments. "There's a book, a Hibernian book, that somehow ties into my young Knight, Phardaxia. It seems to pose a great risk, not just to him but potentially to the League."

He paused as Tannir brought in a tray with tea and fresh rolls on it, nodding to his aide de camp. "Thank you, Tannir," Ayslyn said in a melodious voice. "What sort of book is this?" he asked of his host, briefly recalling his first meeting with the man offering him honey for a roll.

"We know very little, so far. There is much trouble about it, and to date four attempts have been made to regain it but some...force," Crispian paused to break his fast with a mouthful of roll and tea. "But, we also know that it is somehow tied into Phardaxia's father, as well as his own indentity."

Ayslyn picked at his roll a moment, obviously in thought. "A Hibernian book in Albion is hardly shocking, Crispian. We were once a united realm, which some of us recall." When he paused to drink, Crispian pressed a point.

"This is a sacred text, apparently, and something that never should have been outside a druid's grove. And someone, or something, wants it back, even if it kills Phardaxia."
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:28 am

Ayslyn sat back, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "The fact that someone has tried, multiple times no less, to take it by force, and with no concern for the bearers life, suggests to me that there is indeed more to this text than meets the eye." He grinned, a twinkle of mischief in his eyes, "I must admit Crispian that you do bring me the most intriguing of mysteries."

He sipped his tea for a moment before continuing. "I am afraid that I can't do any more than speculate without seeing the book, and perhaps a few of the participants in this little mystery, if you think they can handle seeing me." He grinned again. "Most especially this young Phardaxia, and your young bard as well. Perhaps any others you wish to inflict me on." He winked.
Ayslyn Greenwillow
Tweaking the nose of Evil for over 1000 years
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Raijel Sangraria » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:02 am

Raijel trudged up to Maurin’s room and knocked on the door. As she knocked the door opened and Raijel peered into the room.

“Maurin?” Raijel called in. The light from the hall illuminated the room and it was obvious that no one was home. Raijel walked into the room and lit a candle. She sat down on the bed and began to think about all the good times she had with the league and how, even though she was happy now, she missed it.

She sighed for a moment and looked down to the floor. Raijel heard some fast footsteps and before she could look up was tackled onto the bed.

“Raijel!!! You are back!” Maurin cried as she hugged her friend. Raijel hugged tightly back.

“About time you showed up… I have been here for almost an hour and no one from the league is around.”

Maurin stopped hugging Raijel and looked into her eyes. “There is trouble… Dax, me…all of the league is in danger.”

Raijel looked at Maurin. She had a tendency to exaggerate stories, but from the look on her face, Raijel knew it was grave danger.

Raijel smiled warmly to Maurin. “So my old friend. Explain to me what on earth is going on.”

Maurin sadly told Raijel of the events that had transpired, the book, Cerrick and Sarekonna’s encounter with the beast, and of Phardaxia leaving.

Raijel looked sternly at Maurin. “Seems much trouble has come to the league since I left. Perhaps I may be able to help and repay just a little of what the league has given me.”

Raijel stood up and shouted some noises out of Maurin’s window and quickly went over to her night table. She pulled out a small piece of paper and quill from her bag and began to write.

Maurin was startled as a bird flew into her room and landed on Raijel’s shoulder. Raijel handed the piece of paper to the bird that clasped it in his beak.

“Take this to Hallis!” Raijel commanded. The bird leapt from Raijel’s shoulder and flew back out into the night.

Raijel turned to Maurin and smiled. “So.. shall we sleep or catch up?”

Morning dawned on the guild house. Just as a weary wizard staggered through the door another sight was seen in Rilan.
A group of men and women armed to the teeth walked toward the building the wizard had just entered. Leading this pack was a man with Raijel’s bird on his shoulder.

“Is that de one?” the man asked the bird. The bird squawked in agreement.
"I hear the song of your demise in my head."
Raijel Sangraria, First Mate, Crew of the Fatal Jest
Raijel Sangraria
Recruit
Recruit

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:45 pm

Ayslyn's ears twitched slightly as he heard someone call out to the birds. One slim eyebrow rose inquiringly to his host. "You do keep the most fascinating of company lad. I think that is one of the reasons I am so fond of you." He grinned and sipped his tea.
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:16 am

Phardaxia stood in front of the League trembling. He looked on all their tired faces; some from being awoken abruptly by Crispian, others from not even sleeping, aware of the potential danger that faced the League.

“Friends…” began the wizard, “ we are all in great peril.”

Phardaxia reached down and raised the book that instilled so much fear in him. He positioned it above his head for everyone to see.

“This is the source of our problems.” Many murmurs began to circulate through the members gathered about. It took but a stern look from Crispian to quiet everyone down again.

“Some have said the writing contained in its pages are the scribe of Hibernia.” The wizard continued. “Something is stalking this book…. And its owners.” Phardaxia lowered his head and paused for a moment.

The door to the hall swung open loud enough to attract the attention of the league. Everyone looked over and saw their old friend Raijel walk through the door with a score of people. She smiled warmly to Phardaxia and nodded.

A smile came over Phardaxia’s face and a tear was seen in his eye. “It is time we decided what to do with this book. All I know is we cannot let it fall into the wrong hands. It is a decision for all of the league to make, however, I will take this burden on alone if need be.”

“You nae will not!” Raijel shouted to Phardaxia. “The Crew of the Fatal Jest be by yer side goodly wizard, fer you been by ours many a time.” The score of people behind Raijel raised their weapons in allegiance to Phardaxia and bowed their heads.

Phardaxia smiled and looked to the League. “Any know what we should do with this book?”
"Golden teeth and golden tones. Welcome to my presence!"- Dr. Teeth
Daxxus, Not too Bright Wizard of the Empire, Pheonix Throne, WAR
Maintime, gimped Assassin, Cim. AoC
Captain Antonio Pantalones, Privateer, PotBS
Celah, Necromancer of Antonia Bayle, EQII
Phardaxia, Wizard of Nimue with his keen hat Talbot
Maintime, mince meat of CoD2 and CoD4
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Phardaxia » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:16 am

Phardaxia paused for a moment and looked to all the faces of the league.

"Is there not one of you that has an idea of what to do?"

Phardaxia sighed and dropped his head. "Tis a dangerous matter indeed."
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Raijel Sangraria » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:11 am

Raijel looked around the hall at the Leaguers. She thought to herself for a moment and looked to Hallis. Hallis caught Raijel’s glimpse and knew exactly what she was thinking. Hallis closed his eyes and nodded solemnly to Raijel. A smile crept across Raijel’s face as she looked back towards the wizard.

“How bout ye bring it aboard our boat an we take it ta tha new lands of Atlantis, burying it deep beneath tha waves where no one will be finding it …ever!” Raijel suggested.

Phardaxia’s face lit up suddenly.

“I had not thought of such an idea.” Phardaxia said as he thought hard. “The ocean’s there are vast and if it is buried, I highly doubt anyone will ever find it.” Phardaxia smiled and ran over to Raijel and hugged her tightly. “Thank you old friend.”

Hallis tapped Raijel on the shoulder. “We'll be needin t'stop at Camelot fer supplies, methinks.” Raijel looked to Hallis and nodded. She then looked back to Phardaxia, “That be ok Dax?”

Phardaxia nodded. “We must leave immediately…”
"I hear the song of your demise in my head."
Raijel Sangraria, First Mate, Crew of the Fatal Jest
Raijel Sangraria
Recruit
Recruit

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:53 am

Ayslyn squatted against the wall at the top of the stairs, out of sight, and listened to the discussion in the hall. When the idea of burying the book beneath the waves came up he smiled and shook his head. He decided that perhaps it was time for him to take a more active hand in things, rather than skulking about. He stood, tossed back his hood, adjusted his bow and quiver to best effect, flicked the hair back off his long, pointed ears, and stepped out onto the stairs.

"So, your plan is to stick this book in the sand, and pray that no one ever finds it. I must say that I see more than a few problems with it."

Everyone turned to the tall elf leaning casually against the railling, looking down at them with a grin.

"Wouldn't it perchance be better to find out why this book is so important, why this individual wants it so badly that he is willing to kill for it, and stop him?"
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:37 am

Phardaxia looked up to the figure leaning against the rail. He strained his eyes on the figure for he had never seen them before. He caught a glimpse of his ears and sprang to attention.

“AN ELF?” Phardaxia stammered. He then thought to himself that if this elf meant harm to the League, Crispian would have already jumped at him.

“How does an elf know what is good for us? Do you plan to place all these young faces at risk to learn about this blight?” Phardaxia gripped the book tighter.

“Or perhaps you want to steal the book for yourself!” Phardaxia bellowed.

Raijel drew her rapier and turned toward the elf protecting Phardaxia. Her men followed suit.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:59 am

Ayslyn chuckled merrily. "Lad, had I wanted to steal it from you, I would hardly have revealed myself when you are surrounded by such stout allies." He grinned as he made his way down the stairs. "I came here to help as I can, at the request of a friend. And never you mind which friend lad." He winked and his grin widened. "That is between they and I. Should they wish to reveal themselves, well, that is their choice."

His eyes flicked over to Maurin. "This fair lass must be the bard I heard about. Have we lost our way lass?" He walked slowly around her, scrutinizing her from all angles. Finaly he came to a stop in front of her and smiled. "No, I think not. This is where your heart wants to be, and as such is right where you should be."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:23 am

He continued to walk about the room, and even as the massed weaponry tracked him, his grin never faltered. He tapped the tip of Raijel's blade lightly. "All this for me? I'm flattered."

He held out his hand and the bird leapt lightly into his palm. He smiled and stroked the feathers on it's head. "You've done a fine job little one. Go home now and tend to your family." The bird chirped merrily and he smiled. "Aye, I know. I heard it in her call to you." He fished about in one of his pouches for a moment before withdrawing a small ball of suet. He gave it to the bird and with a nod it flew out of the room.

He turned his attention back to Phardaxia. "So then lad. What will you do. Sink the book to the bottom of the sea, and pray that the wrong sort never find it? Or follow your father's wishes and do something about it?"
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sarekonna » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:49 am

Sarekonna startled, her heart freezing. The sight of this foreigner so close to her home…actually inside her home made her blood freeze. However, this was no troll from Midgard, and a quick glance taking in Crispian’s relaxed stance put her at ease. She watched cautiously as the elf strolled around the room addressing Phardaxia, grinning at Raijel taking in his surroundings.

As she watched him, she recalled the small orb she had discovered in her room when she returned to the League several months back. She had been puzzling over it for quite awhile. Odd that she now felt the orb was somehow connected to this elf. Again she looked to Crispian reassuring herself with his calmness.

She could sense from her former squire though a great tension. He was close to his wits end. She quietly approached him placing a calming hand on his shoulder.

“Phardaxia, let us not act hastily in this case. An elf may indeed know what is good for us when the problem is a text from Hibernia.” She paused and nodded towards Ayslyn, “M’lord” she curtsied slightly in respect to him then turned her gaze to Raijel.

Raijel needed no words to understand the ladies meaning and she lowered her weapon, her men following suit. Smiling, Sarekonna turned her attention back towards Phardaxia gently squeezing his shoulder in support.

“Let us not judge him hastily and hear what it is he has to say, hmm?” She phrased it as a question but Phardaxia knew there was no need to answer. He felt the tension in his body ease and a willingness to do as she suggested come over him. He pondered for a moment if she worked some mind trick on him, but quickly pushed that thought aside. He knew she would never do that, her words made sense and truly, he was not eager to destroy his father’s book.

The two turned again their attention towards the elf. Sarekonna stole a quick look at Crispian again, quirking her brow as she noticed his grin, he was enjoying this entirely too much. Now was not the time for that though, and she focused on keeping both herself and Phardaxia calm as they waited to hear what the elf would say of the text and she tried to keep thoughts of the orb from her mind.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:03 pm

Ayslyn took a seat, grinning again. "Ah, pretty and intelligent." He toyed with something hanging around his neck. "Were I not already married lass. I might have had to charm you away from these fine folks," he grinned and winked at her, "Perhaps it is for the best. I would hate to deprive them of your company."

"You need not fear lad," he said turning his attention again to Phardaxia. "My loyalty is not to Hibernia, but rather to her people. I'm not here to steal anything from you, and indeed will only take the book from you if you offer it, after we have figured out what it is, and why someone is willing to kill over it." He held out his hand "But, I would like to have a look at it. I'll not take it anywhere. On my station as Rhiannon's Champion, I swear this as Oath."
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Phardaxia » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:47 am

Phardaxia paused for a moment. “Could he trust this elf?” he thought to himself. “He could easily run away with it, disappearing into the shadows forever.”

Phardaxia looked down at the book and glanced over to Crispian who gave him a slight nod. He slowly walked toward the elf and reached out his hand with the book in it. The elf reached out his hand to take the book. Phardaxia jerked back the book for a moment.

“If you so much as twitch toward that door… one of us will not make it out of here alive.” Phardaxia handed the book to the elf and stood at the ready.
Phardaxia
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby AyslynGreenwillow » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:53 am

Ayslyn raised an eyebrow as he took the book. "Are you always this suspicious lad? You of all people, young wizard, should know the power of an Oath."

He ran his fingers slowly over the cover of the book, tracing the endless knot embossed on its cover. His inspection of the book was slow, turning it over in his hands, examining the spine and the cover. "There is a Glamourie set upon this text. I am not sure what is does, but it tries to sink hooks into the soul of whomever has it. Even now, I can feel it trying to do so to me." He raised an eyebrow and chuckled softly. "Perks of working for a Goddess. My soul is not my own and I have a measure of protection." His fingers brushed along the edges of the cover. "Ah... I see... I take back what I said lad. I suppose your disposition is not usualy so untrusting, but I believe a product of the Glamourie."

It was some time before he even opened the book and began to scan the pages...
Ayslyn Greenwillow
AyslynGreenwillow
Recruit
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to The Lord's Arse