Please Read Before Posting: Titles for the Lord's Arse

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Please Read Before Posting: Titles for the Lord's Arse

Postby Sarsin » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:45 pm

With us starting a branch on a roleplaying server in World of Warcraft, I would like to label our stories with what world they belong in. However you want to do it is fine with me, I was thinking (WoW) and (DAoC).

I was going to make a seperate forum at first, but the way I figure it, good roleplaying is good roleplaying no matter what game it's from and I'd hate to see people miss out on some of our very talented writing by only reading their game specific forum. :)
Last edited by Sarsin on Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists. If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
Sarsin
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Crispian » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:58 am

Good thoughts Master Sarsin!

I'd like to preserve our unity in as many areas as possible!
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Re: Please Read Before Posting: Titles for the Lord's Arse

Postby Aeneis2009 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:17 am

I noticed that no one is posting comments on much of these works. Are comments allowed? or is it something most people would prefer not to have attached to thier tale. Im new to posting writings on forums, I was thinking of doing it myself and posting a few comments but I wanted to clarify this first. that sentence was a run on, i know it.
"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." - Sulla, L.C.

Aeneis, Swordmaster, War Leader
Caldius, Warrior Priest of Sigmar, of course this class is balenced with the dok....<frowns>
Abdiel, Witchhunter, for those times when I want a little Dps.
Draenin, Disciple Of Khaine, Overlord of Quorum Quorum.lefora.com
Aeneis2009
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Crispian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:17 am

to my way of writing, Comments would be great!
Crispian Pontiff, Precentor, St. Crispin's League

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother" Henry V
Crispian
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Braynon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:39 am

I've always been on the fence on this topic, and back in DAoC, there was a similar question posted on the old Wild Hunt boards. There was a bit of a long debate on it, if memory serves me.

There are two kinds of stories that folks frequently post; the one-off... and the saga (which is made up of a bunch of posts either by a single author or by multiple contributors, and is written over a period of time). With a one-off story, comments are great! There's nothing like knowing that someone read your story and enjoyed it... or may have some useful input. The thing with the saga type of stories is... comments right in that same thread tend to break up the flow of the story, and detract from the enjoyment of it by future readers. Generally speaking, I think the author has a good idea when they write whether it's going to be a one-off or a saga. And thus, here is my suggestion:

Let it be the responsibility of the author to decide how they would like comments to be made. If it's going to be a saga, post a thread right next to it, where the title clearly states that comments should go there. And maybe even make mention of such in the story post itself before the story begins. So... if I were to write a long multi-post story about my day at the circus, called "My Circus Adventure", then I would post a second thread called "My Circus Adventure -- Comments".

There be my 2 coppers' worth.
Braynon Cearnach
.: Lothrien .:. Loreith .:. Xyris :.
Hail the hoof and hail the horn
Hail the fear that begs the dawn
The night is ours, the moon is full
These creatures are ours to cull
Braynon
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Chromys » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:45 am

Sagas you say? Now who would go and do a thing like that? <grins>

I always enjoy commentary on my writing but I am also wary about posting my comments on another's story without knowing how they would like said comments.

By the way, looking at the Lord's Arse, it appears we have some very talented among us and I am glad to be in such rich and wondrous community. :)
Chromys - High Elf Archmage
Your tale, sir, would cure deafness. The Tempest, 1. 2
Chromys
Recruit
Recruit

Return to The Lord's Arse