Enemy of my enemy...

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

Enemy of my enemy...

Postby -Aurik- » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:45 pm

"The first crystal tears fall as snowflakes on her body..."

For some reason these lyrics from the poetry read from the night before lingered flapping annoyance in his mind like a wet wind-whipped bed cloth on a clothes line. Akieros stared down at the fallen woman on the ground before him. He brushed back a slight gathering of his blond hair that blew in, blocking his vision. The blood on the leathers she wore was still wet. She must have just died, he assessed as he touched the dark patches of camouflage on the leather where the blood was evident.

She certainly was beautiful. He took a glove off to touch the porcelain flesh of her cheek as a snowflake drifted down upon that face. The flake dissipated in that crystal tear as the tips of his fingers slid down her cheek.

"Warmth" He uttered to himself. The woman was still alive. He leaned his head down to catch the feel of any breath on his face. Perhaps it was the chill of the wind and the cold of the snow she lay in that forstalled death, but she was most certainly clinging to life.

The woman's eyelids wore heavy upon her as she tried to force them open. As if Akieros' touch had strengthened the tether she held upon, clinging to life. The young man's heart quickened as he looked upon the response.

"My skills are meager," he began in a whispered voice, speaking in the Albion tongue, "but they will be enough until I can get you back to the village." Judging by the weaponry at her side, the leathers she wore, her appearance in general, Akieros surmised that the woman was an Albion. He hoped she was an Albion, lest the tongue he spoke to her in would inspire fear, possibly even a fight, whatever fight she could muster.

He tossed his other glove off and to the ground as he positioned his hands above the still woman. One hovered above her stomach, while the other he positioned over his head. The young man's eyes seemed to draw up into his skull as he pushed his influence to tap into the lifestream. A satisfied peaceful look painted along his features as a good connection was made. His hands alit with a blue-ish glow as the mana of the lifestream sprouted like tendrils from his appendages. The tendrils reached out to the fallen lass, knitting her wounds, taking the brunt of the pain away, and strengthening her hold upon the mortal coil.

Once the current was strong the conductor, Akieros, opened his eyes to look upon the patient on the ground. His gaze went directly to her face. Her skin was flawless smooth porcelain, not a knick or scar upon her. If she possessed any flaw, it was the slight crook that her nose took. The unique aberration fit her features. It enhanced her beauty instead of detracting from it.

The wind blew her light auburn hair into her face snapping Akieros' attention back to the task at hand. The blonde streaks within it's length covered the woman's face like a gossimer veil. Strength was returning as her eyes opened wide looking upon him. The grey/green orbs expressed a notion of appreciation and fear of her mysterious savior.

Akieros severed his connection to the lifestream. It had taken months of study for him to do this proper, for every time he connected he desired to simply let go and be absorbed into it's wake. Connecting to the life magic of the land and all living things was the closest thing to perfection he had ever felt, it was his evidence in the belief of a creator.

The woman watched the young man's face with concern as he canted his head. His features knit with an expression that seemed pained, yet was painless, as the healing magic dissipated. She looked upon him with a mixture of awe and apprehension as she looked upon him. Her mind clear of the pain and anguish of near-death she clearly noted the chisled Celt features her savior's visage bore. As if testing her assumption, she spoke her words of thanks in the Hibernian tongue.

"I was surely dead," she uttered in a shivered tone as the removal of shock made the cold of Winter more evident to her, "thank you for saving my life."

Akieros' brow arched with confusion as she spoke in the Hibernian tongue. He understood her meaning, but stood firm with answering her in the Albion dialect. "You are a warrior in the war of the realms?"

The woman simply nodded her head as she propped herself up from the ground on her shoulders, attempting to stand by herself.

"You are Albion, are you not?" Akieros interrogated as he reached for her, trying to help knowing full well that she was not strong enough to stand on her own accord.

"Yes, I am." She admitted in a whispered Albion tongue. Though she was more inclined to get up on her own, she allowed Akieros' assistance. She was weak, but did not wish to give off the appearance of weakness. "What will you do with me now?" The question was asked with hesitation, for she lacked the strength to fight the man off had he revived her for his own devices.

They both stood. He held onto her firm, supporting her, but not in an obvious fashion. He sensed the forboding in her tone and demeanor, and wished to downplay such notions.

"Do?" Akieros questioned with a slight smile that was enhanced by his deep green eyes. "You will come back with me, where it is safe. When you are strong enough, you can rejoin the war of the realms."

He reached down with his arm and swept her feet up from under her. With ease he cradled the broken Infiltrator in his arms. She fought against him for a moment, as the motion was swift and carried out without permission. Silently, comfortingly, he shushed her to ease her struggle against him. The mild irritation that colored her features at such handling softened as she leaned into his body. He was warm, much warmer than she had felt in days; and his scent was intoxicating, a spice mixtured musk that soothed her senses as she breathed him in. Whatever strengthed she had regained in the healing, she was still quite tired.

The young man smiled as she relented in his arms. "What is your name, m'lady?"

"Jocelyn." She replied wearily as she nestled her head upon his shoulder.

[[[ continued... ]]]
-Aurik-
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby -Aurik- » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:57 am

The trek through the wintered forest was abnormally silent. Jocelyn looked about among the trees and her position, trying to gleen as many landmarks as she could in case her well-meaning savior decided to turn. The only sound made throughout the serenity was the footfallen crunch of snow made by Akieros' feet.
Every-so-often the young man would look down to his charge, ensuring her well-being with a reassuring smile. Jocelyn ceased her scan of the surroundings as he caught her, rested her head along him and returned the smile.

"Only a little further, and we will get you some warmth." Akieros said softly. He could feel her nodding head along him answering his statement. "I have to ask, however." He looked down at her, his vision away from the path, as it was known to him by heart. "What were you doing all the way out here in the frontier?"

There was a lengthy pause before the response. An expression of concern with a tinge of worry knit her features as she sought the proper words. "I...I am a courier...for the clan Tyrloc."

Akieros' attention had returned to the path ahead. He was content to hear any response, be it harmful or harmless, for they had reached their destination where his safety was ensured. "A courier is it?"

Jocelyn matched the inquiry with one of her own. She spoke quickly to get the question in, as if knowing more about him, than he her, would secure any doubt that might still linger about her savior. "What is your purpose out in these woods, sir? We are far from any civilized encampments, an' closer to the border of Hibernia that I am comfortable with."

Akieros glanced down to her again. His mist gray eyes mirrored the slight smile inspired by the humor of her question. "Aye. Far from any civilization that you may know. I've lived here since I was an infant." He paused his answer with another question. "Can you stand? For we've reached our destination."

Jocelyn nodded and looked about. As far as the eye could see there was only trees and snow. The sound of wildlife was vacant and the light of the sun was hindered greatly because of the foliage. She watched Akieros curiously as he uncovered snow from two stones along the ground. The stones were only six inches high and stood upright and apart from each other, about ten feet apart, she surmised. They looked like a miniature Stonehenge monuments. Her eyes back upon the Celt, she watched as he removed an amulet from beneath the outer-clothing he wore to protect from the cold. The amulet had a Hibernian design to it, with writing inscribed within the metal seeming to be Elfish. Akieros whispered an incantation in the Hibernian tongue. Softly, the area between the stones began shimmer like water in a lake with a gentle breeze blowing along it.

Jocelyn blinked her eyes a few times and shook her head as she confused the shimmering with a defect in her vision. "By the Gods..." she uttered breathlessly. "What is that?"

Akieros smiled to her to calm the mild anxiety he saw in her face as he summoned the doorway. "This is the entrance to my home. My family. Step through, m'lady, and we can see about getting you strong enough to return home."

Still in awe, Jocelyn removed her glove to touch the shimmering doorway. It had the feel of a confined breeze between the two stones. Her fingertips tingled, a side-effect of the magic, as she moved them along the shimmer.

"Go on." Akieros chuckled, urging her forward.

The young woman nodded and forced a smile. He didn't mean her harm, she knew this. Why would he revive her just to kill her? He didn't seem the sadistic type. As she stepped through the doorway, the glove she removed dropped to the ground. Akieros followed her through the shimmer close behind. When the two were gone, the incantation dissipated, leaving only the serenity of the forest, the two stone upon the ground, and the leather glove.

[[[ continued... ]]]
RESTRAINING ORDER is another way of saying "I Love You"
-Aurik-
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby -Aurik- » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:58 pm

Jocelyn emerged from the other side of the portal to the sight of warriors with bows and arrows trained upon her. Looking around franticly she saw a small forest village with cottages built up within the trees, and on the ground. Every structure bearing a distinct Hibernian architecture. The faces around her were variations between Human and Elf, a few bearing Midgardian heritage. They all referred to her aggressively as they kept their weapons trained upon her.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Akieros announced as he stepped through the portal waving his hands about. "Stand down! The lady is with me. She means us no harm."

An elderly Celt emerged from the crescent line of archers surrounding the portal. The warriors opened a hole to let him pass, but kept their weapons trained despite the protest from Akieros. "Keep them bows up." The elder commanded with a rasp to his aged voice. "Yer lady friend's been followed, boyo. Yer lil' act o' kindness' gonna be the death of us all." The former Celt Champion, Kal Hawksmoor, looked at his charge with a look of extreme disappointment. "An' ye didn't even bring back dinner." Motioning his head to the collection of cottages withing the village, Kal ushered his adopted grandson. "Go git yer staff for when trouble comes. Me an' the lil' lady's gonna talk a bit."

---------------------------------------------------------

The glove that Jocelyn dropped on the other side of the portal lifted from it's bed of snow and floated up in mid-air. As it did, the Nightshade holding the glove glimmered to visibility, dropping from his stealth mode. "It is here." The Elf said with a vile grin. "Go back and alert the masters. We've found the mongrel's lair."

"By your command." A second Elf Nightshade responded, still shroud within his stealth invisisbility. All that could be heard was the rush of footfalls away from the Nightshade holding the glove.

A third Nightshade emerged from the shade of stealth and stood next to one of the power stones imbed in the ground. Casually, the slender Elf reached down and graped hold of the Henge-shaped stone. The Elf contorted his facial features as he pulled and wretched at the stone, trying to move it from it's placement in the ground.

"FOOL!" The first Shade called out. "The stone is ensorceled. Held into place by magic." He hissed to his counterpart. "Wait for Tvarik to return with the Enchanters. They will remove the stones and we will take them back to Hibernia proper. Then we will activate them and invade the seperationist's stronghold."

A bitter chill ran through both of the Elves as the forest around them grew darker. Neither one looked to the other at the sudden temperature drop. The Nightshade by the stones began to waver a bit and fell to one knee as a weakness began to overtake him.

"Cvrok," The Elf muttered. "Something's wrong." He shook his head trying to dispel the dizziness enough to stand once more.

"Get away from the stones, Ngrel." The first shade ordered. "It's their magic, a security to keep the curious away."

A metallic hollow broke the silence of the wood. It was like a voice speaking through a tunnel, but the words the voice spoke seemed to echo in reverse until the sound was loud enough for the two Elves to understand. "TIS NOTHING OF THE SORT!" The voice boomed in a heightened whisper.

The two Elves withdrew their weapons and stood back-to-back of each other as they scanned the landscape, trying to divine the direction the voice called from.

"THREE ELVES.." the hollow voice boomed in a deep, metallic whispered hiss, "HORRID STEALTH, THE LOT OF YOU. TRAILED FOR MILES, YOU'VE BEEN. NOW YOU DIE!"

The first Shade named Cvrok looked beyond where the stones lie. There, within the darkness of the forest stood a massive wolf. It's red eyes seemed to glow at the slender assassins as it silently growled. The only evidence given that the wolf was real, was the string of saliva that fell from it's soundless maw. The heat of the saliva melted the snow about it as it trailed like a string to the ground.

[[[ continued... ]]]
RESTRAINING ORDER is another way of saying "I Love You"
-Aurik-
Enlistee
Enlistee

Return to The Lord's Arse