FOR CALEDOR!! Part 1: On the Blighted Isle (WAR)

Come, brothers and sisters, share with us your tales, from before your joined to today! Tell us of yourself and your travels and travails! (IC Please, OOC labeled!)

FOR CALEDOR!! Part 1: On the Blighted Isle (WAR)

Postby Aeneis2009 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:19 pm

The ancient eyes felt more than they watched, and the ears were moved by the sounds of life.......

Rain lightly peppered the treetops, as a low cloud rolled over a blighted isle lost in the sea north of Ulthuan. Water trickled gently from leaf to leaf, gaining momentum as it rolled off curled edges of deep green. Nearer to the ground, Raindrops slid down the spine of a great long leaf and plummeted towards the mud below landing pleasantly in a small elvish mouth. The mouth was covered in small round piercings made of yellowed animal bone; they tugged slightly at his skin as Naillo wiped his mouth and looked up to the heavens, slightly nodding his head in praise to the bloody handed god, thanking him for the vengeful bounty this day would bring. His gaunt tattooed face, black greased locks, and small frame clearly identified him as a Druchii....A dark elf from the land of chill. Like his people, he was fearless, strong and filled with a unyielding hatred for the Asur his cousins from Ulthuan. He had the dried remains of an elvish child's head dangling from a leather cord about his neck, a testament to his hatred from one of his earliest raids. Naillo continued on silently through the misty trees, knowing that he would have the glory of the first strike this day.

Naillo saw his prey before him, a lithe elven watchman with tanned skin and a small spear. The Asur had flowing golden hair which was barley kept in check by a knotted cord of bronzed leather; he was unarmored except for a white tunic of padded cloth, and a long shield. He was bent over slightly crouched at the edge of the creek; holding his spear up and reaching down into the brush with one hand. He picked up a few small brown objects that Naillo immediately recognized. The other younger Eaidi was investigating deer pellets. Naillo realized then that his prey was tracking a prey of his own, so it would be that one prey would escape today.

Naillo leaned over, slowly inserting a large dart in his blowgun. He hid low in the brush preparing his shot. Naillo inhaled deeply and exhaled into his weapon. The high elf had begun to stand as the dart hit him in the meaty part of his shoulder, piercing through his meager armor. He stumbled for a moment reaching back, to grasp at the wound. He swiveled on his feet, waving his spear wildly before him. It was already too late. Naillo rushed him, swinging once with his jagged black blade; its full weight slammed into his prey’s shield, knocking it from the Asur's hands.

The young elf victim dropped his spear; it rattled against the creek stones and splashed as it flopped into the shallow water. He looked around for a moment as he wheezed for air. He saw no sign of his attacker. Whatever had struck him had vanished back into the thicket as an animal. He reached over and grabbed for his spear, knowing that his enemy would surely return any moment. He fought to stay awake as a poison raced through his body, sped up by his frantic heart. Spear in hand, he began to rise using all the strength he had left; he was unaware of how fruitless his efforts would be.

Naillo sprinted by him, striking again from the thicket. Blood trickled forth from a small tear in high elf's thigh, the poisoned hunter coughed as blood filled his lungs. The venom forced him to his knees as his vision faded; he slumped to the forest floor.

Naillo inspected the body ensuring it still held life and whistled, sending a soft signal to his brothers whom he knew to be watching from somewhere nearby. A dozen druchii warriors stalked out of the jungle towards their leader and his prey, as Naillo lashed leather straps about the unconscious warrior’s hands and arms.

Naillo, Disciple of khaine and leader of the hunt, made a silent gesture with his hands as the veteran Druchii surrounded their new captive. They reached down, lifting the silent form to bear it towards the black ark, which was just now making its landing along the coast. Blood would fill the cauldron this day, perhaps this one would be a worthy enough sacrifice to appease the Bloody Handed God and waken the honor of vengeance. The wind blew, dragging the rain northeast across the sea.

((Hey, this is my first story post. Feel free to be as harsh as you want. Im going to add the next few portions in a seperate topic.))
Last edited by Aeneis2009 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." - Sulla, L.C.

Aeneis, Swordmaster, War Leader
Caldius, Warrior Priest of Sigmar, of course this class is balenced with the dok....<frowns>
Abdiel, Witchhunter, for those times when I want a little Dps.
Draenin, Disciple Of Khaine, Overlord of Quorum Quorum.lefora.com
Aeneis2009
Recruit
Recruit

Re: FOR CALEDOR!! Part 1: Prologue (WAR)

Postby Aeneis2009 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:33 pm

OOC I would like to note that it may not make sense unless you know that Druchii is the name for Dark Elves and Asur is the name for High elves. I couldnt quite figure out a better way to throw the explanation in there. I hope its clear.
"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." - Sulla, L.C.

Aeneis, Swordmaster, War Leader
Caldius, Warrior Priest of Sigmar, of course this class is balenced with the dok....<frowns>
Abdiel, Witchhunter, for those times when I want a little Dps.
Draenin, Disciple Of Khaine, Overlord of Quorum Quorum.lefora.com
Aeneis2009
Recruit
Recruit

Return to The Lord's Arse