GRRRRRR

Off topic forum for Warlord Central. Anything goes, so watch your step!

GRRRRRR

Postby Bashir » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:21 pm

So I decided to go CPU upgrade route and I got a MSI AMD2 board with AGP slot, 2 G of RAM and switched to AMD 64X2 chip. Installed the board and everything looks great. Runs without lag and zones load in a snap.

Problem is my card is completely unstable. Keep getting loop errors, render failed messages, etc. I have done all the tests that have been recommended and still cannot get the thing stable...UGH
Comal Bright Wizard
Bashir Witch Hunter
Belgae Engineer
Bashir
Guard
Guard

Re: GRRRRRR

Postby Eraedan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:13 pm

Have you checked for patches or fixes for the MB and such? May also be a BIOS setting issue. I don't know too much about hardware stuff, though, I'm afraid.
"People also like whores." -- Ennick
"That can't be right, simply due to the fact that... well.... math is bad." -- Rhudd
*cringes in a corner as the Sphincter Of Tomorrow begins to pulse and then dilate, sending Sunday Spiders and Yesteryear Punters scurrying for the shadows of the evening as the fresh morning manure splatters down upon the garden of hope* -- Rathskellar
Eraedan
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Postby Bashir » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:13 am

Did all that and ended up doing what I should have done in first place. Just bought a PCIE board and new video card. Oh well. Hopefully when it arrives I will be able to get it all up and running without problem.
Comal Bright Wizard
Bashir Witch Hunter
Belgae Engineer
Bashir
Guard
Guard

Postby Caviel » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:46 pm

Yea, the modern chipsets were just not designed with AGP in mind anymore. Sorry you had to fork out extra cash, hopefully this will be the end of your lag woes :)
Rift Beta Characters (Belmont Server):
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

"May you go marching in three measure time, dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines. Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs, gone unsung for far too long." -Clutch, Drink to the Dead
Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Return to The Insanity Pit