Happy [Canadian] Thanksgiving weekend!

Off topic forum for Warlord Central. Anything goes, so watch your step!

Happy [Canadian] Thanksgiving weekend!

Postby Eraedan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:45 am

That is all.
"People also like whores." -- Ennick
"That can't be right, simply due to the fact that... well.... math is bad." -- Rhudd
*cringes in a corner as the Sphincter Of Tomorrow begins to pulse and then dilate, sending Sunday Spiders and Yesteryear Punters scurrying for the shadows of the evening as the fresh morning manure splatters down upon the garden of hope* -- Rathskellar
Eraedan
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Re: Happy [Canadian] Thanksgiving weekend!

Postby Rathskellar » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:47 pm

So, do you guys like, all fly home for the holiday, and get drunk with your friends the night before, and then gorge yourselves with family the day of? Do you watch hockey and unbutton your pants, instead of football after dinner? Do you have turkey or Canada goose? Wine or Molson? It seems too early for Thanksgiving. What do you do in those long weeks between Halloween and Christmas? How do you know when to start Christmas shopping? Do you have it so early because it starts snowing in like August and want to get it over with before you can't travel till June?
Lord Darkbow
Scourge of Mount Collory
Bane of Yggdra Forest

"I don't know if I should ban you or throw up." Sarsin

Dead Camel Found Near Swedish Highway
Rathskellar
Marshal

Re: Happy [Canadian] Thanksgiving weekend!

Postby Eraedan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 am

Can I just say yes to all? :wink:

It's early for us because our growing season ends earlier than most places in the States. Thanksgiving for us is usually the last weekend of the leaves changing, so it meshes nicely there - feels like a nice season change. Most people head home for it, but it's not as nuts or well-thought-of a holiday as American Thanksgiving. I just went 100 kms to spend the weekend with my girlfriend's family, but people who can't get home usually just try to get together with friends or other people's families. Depends.

I hate hockey and football, so there's no watching of that, typically. It's not a Thanksgiving thing, regardless.

Wine and micro-brewery beer. Around here, friends of mine from high-school started up their own brewery, and it's pretty rockin'. It's called Beau's All-Natural Brewing Company. So we were drinkin' that.

What's this "Christmas" of which you speak?!
"People also like whores." -- Ennick
"That can't be right, simply due to the fact that... well.... math is bad." -- Rhudd
*cringes in a corner as the Sphincter Of Tomorrow begins to pulse and then dilate, sending Sunday Spiders and Yesteryear Punters scurrying for the shadows of the evening as the fresh morning manure splatters down upon the garden of hope* -- Rathskellar
Eraedan
Sergeant of the Guard
Sergeant of the Guard

Return to The Insanity Pit