And how is everyone?

Off topic forum for Warlord Central. Anything goes, so watch your step!

And how is everyone?

Postby Tiplon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:34 am

As the topic states, how is everyone doing?

I have been busy with work and getting kids squared away. My oldest just finished his freshman year of college. He did fairly well but had some tough times remembering where class was on occassion.

My daughter who is our middle child just finished her freshman year in high school at a private girls school in Troy, Ny. She was a bit homesick at first but she did great and decided to go back... floored me. (It was her decision in the first place by the way...)

My youngest is 9 now and he is my mini me. I have been spending my time coaching his various sports teams and teaching him the finer points of golf. He loves it which is great for us to do to together! Soon I will be teaching him the finer points of drinking beer.... shhh...

I have been in and out of Warhammer and AOC. Nothing like I used to play though. My oldest has been playing DAOC.. imagine! Says it is still pretty busy.

Haha! anyway, how about everyone else?
**retired**
Tiplon
Enlistee
Enlistee

Re: And how is everyone?

Postby Caviel » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Doing well actually, glad to hear things are going well for you also. I've more or less stepped away from the MMO market. Mostly play single-player stuff now when I actually have time. Work keeps me pretty busy, plus the various joys of being a homeowner equals not a lot of free time for a video game hobby. Resubbed to CoH, although I'm not really playing much, and since I'm running solo all the time it's kinda bland to play.

Speaking of work, I'll actually be heading to Minnesota in the next couple months for two or three days if anyone wants to go have a beer/soda/coffee. I'll be in Indiana next week, although my trip is so short I won't have much time to connect with anyone.
Rift Beta Characters (Belmont Server):
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

"May you go marching in three measure time, dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines. Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs, gone unsung for far too long." -Clutch, Drink to the Dead
Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Aeneis2009 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:53 pm

I just moved back to new orleans for a new job about 3 months ago. It keeps me busy. I started playing Lord of the rings online, its cool. No pvp though from what I've seen. Anyone else planning on getting in on starwars the old republic?
"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." - Sulla, L.C.

Aeneis, Swordmaster, War Leader
Caldius, Warrior Priest of Sigmar, of course this class is balenced with the dok....<frowns>
Abdiel, Witchhunter, for those times when I want a little Dps.
Draenin, Disciple Of Khaine, Overlord of Quorum Quorum.lefora.com
Aeneis2009
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Caviel » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:54 am

That's great, busy is good, means continued employment in most cases. Glad to see someone else is still lurking around here! :)

I'll probably pass on SW:ToR because I have a feeling it really isn't going to live up to the hype, and there really isn't anything groundbreaking in the way of MMOs. I actually resubbed to WAR again about two weeks ago, it is a lot smoother than it used to be and they fixed a lot of problems. Not to mention it's much more RvR focused without forcing a full PvP environment. I'm also on the Badlands server now as Pugio the Witch Hunter since they shut down Phoenix Throne via merges. There's quite a bit more player traffic on the server, makes for shorter queues and more active RvR/PvE. I'm just about halfway through Tier 3 and I still run into a few people doing PQs and whatnot on alts, although more people are in T4, and T1 because of the endless trial.

Plus, they've got a free two week full trial, no CC information required, to let you come back and check it out. I did, saw that it was much more in line with what we were all hoping for at launch, and kept my sub going after my two weeks ran out.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, feel free to look me up on Badlands/Order!
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

"May you go marching in three measure time, dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines. Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs, gone unsung for far too long." -Clutch, Drink to the Dead
Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Sarekonna » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:54 am

Awww!!! Hugs everyone!! I miss you all. I'm still in Aion, and I'm still loving it! Glad I can pop over here and say hi once in awhile though.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby Caviel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:53 pm

<waves hand> Come back to WAR....Roll Order character on Badlands...
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Tiplon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:58 am

Haha! I am on Badlands but on the darkside. Dabrawl is my main. Choppa. I believe I have seen Pugio before. I am not for certain though. I am in a guild called Agony and we have alot of fun.

I also have been playing WoT once or twice a week. It is alot of fun. MMO and tanks. My son (10) and I play it together. Good times.

what part of Indiana? I am in western Ky so not far.

I believe I may give Star Wars a go. From what I have seen of it it looks pretty good. We will see though. Not sure when release is??
**retired**
Tiplon
Enlistee
Enlistee

Postby Aeneis2009 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Yeah, SWOTOR doesnt look like it will have much if any replay value...I'll give it a go anyway as I love jedi.
"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." - Sulla, L.C.

Aeneis, Swordmaster, War Leader
Caldius, Warrior Priest of Sigmar, of course this class is balenced with the dok....<frowns>
Abdiel, Witchhunter, for those times when I want a little Dps.
Draenin, Disciple Of Khaine, Overlord of Quorum Quorum.lefora.com
Aeneis2009
Recruit
Recruit

Return to The Insanity Pit