We're moving!

General News for Warlord Central

We're moving!

Postby Caviel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi everyone, I just thought I would drop a note to let everyone know that we're moving! For a multitude of reasons, the more exciting ones to be revealed later, we're changing hosting providers.

I won't go into the details since that ruins part of the fun for me, but feel free to speculate below! :lol:

More info to come!
Rift Beta Characters (Belmont Server):
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

"May you go marching in three measure time, dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines. Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs, gone unsung for far too long." -Clutch, Drink to the Dead
Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Re: We're moving!

Postby Sarekonna » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:16 pm

As is always my concern when we something big happens (although note to myself and all others...you've never let us down...) Do we need to worry at all about the stories? Will you keep our babies safe??

Oh and thank you Caviel and Sarsin for everything you do to keep our home away from home running smoothly.
Sarekonna
Brigade General ~ Skygge Verden

Postby Caviel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:29 pm

Sarekonna wrote:As is always my concern when we something big happens (although note to myself and all others...you've never let us down...) Do we need to worry at all about the stories? Will you keep our babies safe??

Maybe....Maybe not.... :mrgreen:
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

"May you go marching in three measure time, dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines. Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs, gone unsung for far too long." -Clutch, Drink to the Dead
Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Caviel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Actually, in all seriousness, if you are concerned about the longevity of any content here on the site; be it a post, link, or PM, I will always recommend copying it elsewhere to a second location you are comfortable with.

Not because we're going to Godzilla everything or pack up and leave, but accidents happen, hard drives die, backups don't work, etc, etc.
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Sarsin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:54 pm

OOooo! Ooooo! Can I speculate?!

Wait I know, so that's no fun :(

So instead I bring to you the story of a shark

"We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists. If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
Sarsin
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Caviel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 pm

I suppose I can let the cat out of the bag a little bit here since the project is far enough along. This is what I have been up to:

http://www.stcrispinsleague.net/

Yep, that's right, we're getting a more SCL centric domain, as well as a major site facelift! Right now, the big holdup is being able to get the forums over to the new site intact. Once I have the forum transfer process worked out, I'll be posting dates as far as when the site is going to move.

Until then, feel free to take a look around at the new domain, comments are welcomed!
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Sarekonna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Soooooo EXCITING! Thank you Caviel, this is awesome news :)
Sarekonna

Postby Aeneis2009 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:11 pm

ah, you sneaky devil. I was wondering if we were ever going to change the frontpage, and there you have it.
Aeneis2009
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Caviel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:39 pm

It looks like I'm getting most of the kinks worked out of this migration process. It's a very slow process in getting the board information over since I have to run everything in via SQL (ick). I do have a working process it seems, since everything appears to be intact. I just need to make sure permissions are where they should be and do some general testing. If a couple people have some extra time and will be available by E-Mail, I could use a testing volunteer or two. Just drop me a PM or E-Mail.

In the next few days (Presuming tests go OK), I'll be taking these forums off-line and starting the official migration to the new site. If you get a message stating that the forums are down for maintenance, that is what is going on. Once everything is all snug at the new server, I'll setup some redirection links to the new webpage for convenience. Eventually, the warlordcentral.com domain will go to the same page as stcrispinsleague.net.

Just as a reminder, your forum login and password will not change and will also work from the main site, although your cookie/saved password in your browser likely won't work. If you don't remember your forum password, now would be an EXCELLENT time to reset it to something you will know when the time comes.

Thanks for your patience everyone, I'm looking forward to turning loose some of the new site features I have planned to the lot of you :)
Eroli - Warrior
Pugio - Rogue

Caviel
Warlord Central Staff
Warlord Central Staff

Postby Sarekonna » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:58 pm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited
Sarekonna

Return to General Site News